I personally experienced a sudden increase in hair fall, when I was in stress. So if you are also in some stress, consider to take out some time for meditation. In this article, I am sharing some tips that were very effective to deal with my receding hairline. Follow these hair care tips religiously to get the best results. Remember that hair care is a ritual and you have to consistent with it to get the best results. You should not expect overnight results and get in touch with a medical professional if you experience severe hair loss.
1. Use a wide-toothed comb or a detangler to comb your hair, especially when your hair is wet. If you don’t have any urgency, do not comb wet hair. Let them dry first. Start combing your hair from the tips and then gradually proceed towards the roots to detangle your tresses. Use a hair vitaliser every night before hitting the bed to control hair fall.
2. Clean your comb every week. Using a dirty comb continuously can lead to hair fall as well. You can do this easily while taking a bath or shampooing each week. This is a necessary precaution to take for hair fall control. Use a wooden comb if possible to detangle your tresses, it will also increase blood circulation in your scalp and reduce hair fall and hair breakage in the long-run.
3. Hot oil treatment is very effective. Always warm up your hair oil and then apply it on your scalp with your finger-tips with a light hand. Try to keep it overnight and allow the hair follicles to seep in the nourishment and let your hair follicles grow. To get the best results, mix a carrier oil with essential oil and massage your scalp with it. Wash it with shampoo, follow up with a nourishing hair conditioner and a hair serum, then blow dry your hair. Style it the way you like it the most.
4. Switch your hair care products regularly, find out three-four good quality gentle shampoos and conditioners that suit your type of hair. Keep switching them, so that your hair does not get used to the same one. This habit of switching over products will provide your hair with all the required nutrients over a period of time. Your scalp gets accustomed to certain products over a period of time and the results are no more effective, therefore it is important to switch hair care products after an interval of 6 months or so.
5. Wash your hair at least every 3 days with a gentle hair cleanser or shampoo to remove all accumulated dust, dirt, oil and bacteria build-up. Excess product build-up often clogs your hair follicles and prevents your hair shafts from growing longer, hence it is important to keep the hair follicles clean and try to get rid of excess product build-up.
6. Follow a healthy diet, make sure you consume enough biotin and zinc supplements to keep your tresses bouncy and healthy. Have food that is rich in omega 3 fatty acids to nourish your hair follicles from deep within.
7. Use a heat protectant spray before splurging on a range of hair styling tools, although it may not make much of a difference at the moment it will damage your hair in the long-run. Never ever use a hair styling tool without taking some protection, you can also use a hair serum with added heat protectant benefits.
8. Use a color protect shampoo and conditioner if you have regularly apply hair color, you need to understand that you must protect your colored hair from the damage and hence the products that are specifically designed to serve the purpose.
9. Trim your locks once in a while, it is very important to trim hair if you want to keep them in good shape, and want them to grow fast.
10. Visit the salon to get a hair treatment done at least once in a month. Do not mess up with your hair and leave it on the experts to deal with it. Never ever try to cut it on your own unless you want to end up with a haircut disaster.
11. Use the hair care products that suit your hair type, do not buy a product without checking the expiry date. We often make this mistake and fall prey to skin and scalp infections. Haircare products have a diverse range and it is often difficult to shortlist the perfect one that will suit your hair type. Seek professional help if required and then select your hair care products accordingly.
12. Never ever sleep with your hair accessories on, many people believe that tying your hair and sleeping will help your hair grow faster, but contrary to the popular belief, it leads to more hair fall, hair breakage and creates more friction. It also pulls your nerve endings and prevents the muscles from relaxing.
13. Do not tie high-raised ponytails very often. It pulls your hair shafts and ultimately leads to more hair fall. If you want to keep your hair in good health then keep it open and comb it at least twice a day, at first with a detangler and then with a fine-toothed comb to keep your hair follicles soft and healthy.
14. Use scrunchies or hair bands that do not pull or tug your hair shafts from the roots. These hairbands will prevent hair loss and restore the volume of hair. Who does not like to flaunt beautiful, voluminous tresses, right?
15. Do not use those heavy towels, use an old t-shirt instead of that to dry your locks. It dries up your hair without messing it up. Besides that, you can always rely on a blow-dryer to do the job for you.
16. While purchasing a blow drier, make sure that it points downwards while you use it and not sideways. We often tend to make this mistake while drying out hair but it should be avoided at all costs. Also, try to get hold of a blow-dryer that comes with an attached diffuser so that the heat is distributed evenly while drying your hair.
17. Use your hair care products correctly. Use more shampoo on your scalp and less on the hair shafts, and use a conditioner from the mid-shaft to the tips of your hair, avoid applying it on your scalp or on the roots of your hair so that you do not suffer from hair loss.
You might find this article interesting Jock (Itch), Causes, Symptoms And Remedies