If you have white teeth, you will naturally get confidence while smiling. Everyone desires white teeth but only a few of them get it naturally these days. But don’t worry it is not very difficult to get it back. Many of us spend money of teeth whitener products but they only work for a short time, also in long term your teeth will be very sensitive, so I will suggest everyone keep some patience and go in a natural way.
In the first place let me explain to you, why teeth get stained
There are several factors that play a part, including genetics, what kind of food and drink you consume, and how well you practice oral hygiene. A tooth is made up of 4 tissues-enamel, which is the strong white covering that protects the tooth, dentin, which supports the enamel and is a hard yellow material that carries nerves, pulp, which is at the center of the tooth and contains blood and lymph vessels, and cementum, which covers the root of the tooth.
The enamel and dentin are what play the biggest role in color. Certain food and drinks will directly stain the enamel, yes, but over time the two biggest culprits are the nasty food and drink that actually break down the enamel, and weakening enamel as we age. As the enamel breaks down, it reveals the yellow dentin underneath.
I have noted down a few natural home remedies to whiten teeth in the post below:
Baking soda and Toothpaste
- Make molds of your upper and lower teeth with two small pieces of aluminum foil.
- Mix 2 tbsp. baking soda with 2 tbsp. toothpaste.
- Put the mixture on the foil.
- Place the foil on your teeth, getting the mixture evenly over the teeth, then press the foil to fit the natural molding of your teeth.
- Leave on for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Clean off well with regular toothpaste.
- Follow up with mouthwash and a string of dental floss to get the best results.
Note – Don’t use this more than once a week as using this too often could damage the enamel on your teeth.
Baking soda and Hydrogen peroxide
- Add ¼ cup hydrogen peroxide, 2 tbsp. baking soda, and ¼ cup strong mouthwash to one cup of water.
- Swish in your mouth for 1 full minute.
- Rinse well.
- Use a mouthwash.
- Always end your oral hygiene with a string of dental floss to minimize the chances of tooth decay.
DIY tooth-whitening toothpaste recipe
- Make your own teeth whitening toothpaste by combining 2 tbsp. baking soda, 2 tbsp. hydrogen peroxide, ½ tsp. of table salt and a dab of regular toothpaste.
- Brush for at least two minutes and clean off well with warm water.
- Brush again with regular toothpaste.
- You may use this safely once a week.
- Use mouthwash and dental floss after brushing your teeth.
DIY Activated charcoal toothpaste recipe
- Keep half a teaspoon of activated charcoal, 2 tablespoons of baking soda, 2 tablespoons of extra virgin coconut oil and 10-12 drops of essential oils handy.
- Mix all the ingredients until you achieve a smooth, lump-free paste with a thick consistency.
- Dip the bristles of your toothbrush in this toothpaste.
- Use it to brush your teeth properly.
- Rinse your mouth with running tap water.
- Follow up with mouthwash and a string of dental floss.
DIY Clove-cinnamon tooth powder recipe
- Add 4 tablespoons of bentonite clay, 4 tablespoons of calcium powder, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, 1 tablespoon of fine sea salt, 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder, 1 teaspoon of cloves, and 1 tablespoon of activated charcoal powder (optional) in a container.
- Mix everything well to make your own tooth powder at home.
- Transfer the mixture in an airtight container.
- Brush your teeth with this herbal remineralizing tooth powder.
- Rinse off with running tap water.
- Follow up with mouthwash and a piece of dental floss to get the best results.
- You can use this tooth powder twice a day to prevent tooth decay in the long-run.
DIY Fennel seed tooth powder recipe
- Take a non-metallic container and add 2 teaspoons of bentonite clay, ½ teaspoon of baking soda, ½ teaspoon of finely ground Himalayan salt, ½–1 teaspoon of fennel seed powder, and ¼ teaspoon of clove powder in it.
- Mix everything well with a plastic spoon.
- Your tooth-powder is ready.
- Use this instead of your regular toothpaste to brush your teeth.
- Rinse off with running tap water.
- Use your regular mouthwash.
- Follow up with a piece of dental floss to complete the procedure.
DIY Neem toothpaste recipe
- Some of you may find it a little messy as it requires a lot of ingredients but trust me its worth the efforts that you put in to prepare this natural toothpaste.
- Keep 4 tablespoons of cold-pressed organic coconut oil, 4 tablespoons of food-grade bentonite clay, 1/2 a teaspoon of baking soda, 2 tablespoons of xylitol, 2 capsules of fructooligosaccharides, 2 capsules of megaspore or prescript assist, 1/4 teaspoon of powdered neem leaf, 1/2 a teaspoon of Cacao powder, 1/2 a teaspoon of ginger powder, 1/2 a teaspoon of cinnamon powder, 1/2 a teaspoon of vitamin E oil, and 4 tablespoons of distilled handy.
- At first, you need to melt coconut oil either using the double boiler or microwave.
- Then, add all the dry ingredients in a blender, blend it into a fine powder.
- After that, add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in the blender and blend it all over again.
- Once it turns into a crumbly texture, add water slowly in the blender and keep blending.
- Let the mixture become smooth.
- Transfer it to an airtight container.
- Brush your teeth twice daily with this natural toothpaste.
- Do not forget to follow up with mouthwash and dental floss.
DIY Toothpaste recipe for toddlers
- Kids should not use products that are specially formulated for adults as there are chances that it may expose them to more harmful chemicals.
- To prepare a chemical-free toothpaste for your toddler, all you have to do is, gather 4 tablespoons of calcium carbonate, 1/2 a teaspoon of baking soda, 1 teaspoon of melted cold-pressed organic coconut oil, 2.5 teaspoons of distilled water, 2 drops of Anise essential oil, 1 capsule of hyperbiotics PRO-Kids and 3 tablespoons of xylitol.
- Mix all the dry ingredients until they get infused into each other properly.
- Then add water in the mixture, and give it a good stir to make sure that everything gets mixed up well.
- At last, add coconut oil, followed by the essential oil in the mixture and keep stirring it slowly, break the lumps if any.
- Transfer the contents in an airtight container.
- Let your child use this toothpaste twice, every day to reap the maximum benefits from this herbal toothpaste.