Hair dyes give our hair a new color to your hair but at the same time can stain our hairline and hands, which looks very unappealing. Sometimes these hair dye stains can cause skin irritation as well.
So following are the home remedies to remove the hair dye stains from skin:
- Cotton ball: 1
- Toothpaste: pea-sized (or as per the requirement)
- Put the pea-sized toothpaste on the cotton ball.
- Rub the cotton ball on the dyed skin area gently for 2 minutes. Toothpaste helps to remove the stain and can be used on fingers and face as well.
- Leave it the same way for 3- 4 minutes.
- Then, rinse the area with lukewarm water. Use your fingers to rub the toothpaste off that area.
- And the stains will be removed. If not, then repeat the same steps once more.
2. LEMON PEEL
- Lemon peel: half a lemon(or as per the requirement)
- Towel (dipped in lukewarm water): 1
- Take half a lemon and squeeze out the lemon juice.
- Now take the peel of that squeezed lemon and turn it inside out.
- Rub the inside out part of lemon peel on the stained skin area, gently.
- Keep rubbing it for 3- 4 minutes.
- After you are done rubbing the affected area, take a towel and dip it in the lukewarm water. Then, gently clean the affected area with the towel.
- And the stains will be removed! If the stains are still visible, repeat the same steps once or twice.
3. BAKING SODA
- Baking soda: ½ teaspoon
- Liquid detergent: ½ teaspoon
- Cotton ball: 1
- Mix the baking soda with liquid detergent. Baking soda has antioxidant properties which helps in the deep cleansing of the stain and liquid detergent will help in the application of baking soda.
- Take a cotton ball and dip it into the mixture of baking soda and detergent.
- Using the cotton ball, apply and rub the mixture on the dyed skin area until the stain fades away.
- Don’t rub it for more than 3-4 minutes though.
- Then, wash the affected area with lukewarm water.
- And the stain will disappear. If the stain is not removed, then repeat all the steps again but after a gap of 2 hours.
4. NAIL POLISH REMOVER
- Nail polish remover: as per the requirement
- Cotton ball/ cotton pad: 1
- Take the nail polish remover on a cotton pad.
- And gently rub it on the dyed skin area until the stain fades away. But make sure to apply it as fast as possible because nail polish removers contain acetone which evaporates as soon as it comes in contact with the oxygen.
- Then, wash the affected area with normal water.
- Repeat the steps once more, if required.
- Vaseline: as per the requirement
- Towel: 1
- Apply the Vaseline to the dyed skin area.
- With the help of your fingers massage the Vaseline on the affected area in circular motion.
- Keep massaging for 5 minutes or more until the stain starts coming off.
- Once you stop massaging, clean that skin area with a towel.
- Afterwards, you can wash that skin area with water, if required.
- If the stain is not completely removed, repeat the same steps once or twice.
- Make sure you don’t repeat any of the remedies mentioned above for more than two times a day. As it may cause skin irritation.
- While massaging or applying the home remedy ingredients make sure you don’t get them in your eyes, if this happens then wash your eyes right away with normal water and use an eye drop which is suitable for you.