Rice flour is an amazing ingredient in keeping up your beauty. When it is rightly blended it is a blessing to all skin types. The coarse texture makes it a perfect exfoliator when used as a scrub. As a pack, the nutrients in it help in various ways to enhance your skin tone and texture. Find below the recipes for the pack and scrub made with rice flour, that is suitable for all types of skin.
First, let us look at the recipe for Rice flour facial Scrub:
- Rice flour – 2 tablespoons
- Milk – 4tablespoons ( for dry skin)
- Water – 4 tablespoons (for oily skin)
- Bowl – 1
- Mix the rice flour and milk/water in a bowl so that the paste is of spreading consistency.
- Apply the paste to your face and neck in a circular manner.
- Leave it for two minutes.
- Then dab some milk/water on your fingers and redo the scrubbing.
- Repeat the step again in a gap of another three minutes.
- Leave it to set.
- Wash it after fifteen minutes or when it dries with cold water.
Before applying the scrub remove any make up in your face and neck. The rice flour should not be very coarse, in the sense, it should not harm your upper layer of your skin.
Grind the flour if it is very coarse. You can also sieve it. The rice flour tends to thicken in a while, if so add extra milk/water to the paste. You can also substitute milk with yoghurt. For oily skin types water can be substituted with aloe vera gel.
You can use this mask once in two weeks or fifteen days.
Rice flour is a natural exfoliator because of its texture. It gently removes the dead skin cells in the skin and removes any extra sebum in it. While milk or yoghurt provides the much needed moisturizing effect to the dry skin. Aloe Vera gel help not only in moisturizing the skin but also brings a natural shine and improves the skin tone.
Now let us look at the recipe for a facial mask or pack:
- Rice flour – 3 tablespoon
- Rose water – 5 table spoon (for dry and oily skin)
- Bowl – 1
- In a bowl mix rice flour and rose water to form a thick paste of spreading consistency.
- Apply the paste to your face and neck.
- Leave it for fifteen minutes and then wash it with normal or cold water.
Honey can be used instead of rose water; add a little curd to it.
The same caution that was mentioned in the scrub section applies here also.
This pack can be applied once in a week.
Rose water is a natural astringent, anti-bacterial and cooling agent. The fragrance calms the nerves in the face and neck region. Honey is an emollient, that adds shine to your skin.
Rice flour is known to absorb excess oil, lighten the skin, reduce acne and improve the complexion. It is also helpful in removing sun tan. Natural recipes take time to show the effects. Hence it is advisable to undergo the process for a considerable period of time, patiently for sustained results.