If you really want to have soft, silky and shiny hair, go and try ‘No Poo’ method(No shampoo). It’s hard to believe but it’s true, just vinegar and baking soda are enough for hair, you don’t have to put any chemical on your hair. This will be a big change for you but results will be satisfactory from first wash only. If you have very thick hair, it might take some time to observe changes. Slowly your hair will become more healthier and manageable. Also with vinegar and baking soda you can go longer between washes, usually 4-5 days.
How to wash hair with baking soda and vinegar
Part 1 – First apply baking soda
First of all, let me tell you with baking soda you are not going to get any foam, so don’t be surprised
1. Apply the baking soda and water mixture to dry or wet hair by applying it to the roots at the scalp. If you have shoulder length hair, use about 2 tablespoons of baking soda with 1/2 cup water. You can adjust this depending on your hair length.
2. Rub it into my scalp for about a minute and give a mini head massage. It feels great and it helps to make sure that the scalp is clean.
3. Don’t wash the ends with this mixture because the rest of the hair doesn’t get super oily.
4. Rinse with warm water.
Part 2 – Apply vinegar
Mix 1 part white vinegar with 4 parts of water. (You can also use apple cider vinegar). To minimize the vinegar smell you can add a few drops of essential oil.
1. Tilt your head back, close your eyes (to avoid getting this mixture in your eyes), and distribute through your hair.
2. After a few seconds, rinse with cold water.
After vinegar always wash your hair with cold water because cold water can lock moisturizer and also smooths your hair
DIY apple cider vinegar shampoo
- Liquid castile soap: 3 tablespoons
- Apple cider vinegar: 5 ml
- Purified water: 20 ml
- Tea tree essential oil: 3 drops
- Airtight container: 1
- At first, add liquid castile soap and purified water in a clean container.
- Use the double boiler method to melt it or microwave for 30 seconds.
- Set it aside for a while to cool down.
- Pour this slimy solution in an airtight container.
- Add all the other ingredients in the airtight container.
- Shake it for a while to mix it well.
- Dampen your hair and then apply a generous amount of this natural shampoo all over your scalp and hair from the roots to the tips.
- Massage your scalp for a while.
- Rinse your hair with running tap water.
- Follow up with a natural DIY coconut hair conditioner.
- Apply a hair serum afterward.
- Replace your regular shampoo with this natural shampoo to get rid of dandruff and scalp infestations after the first wash. Although the ingredients used in this DIY home remedy are completely natural, we recommend a patch test beforehand.
Baking Soda and Peppermint Essential Oil Homemade Shampoo
- Baking soda: 1 tbsp
- Peppermint essential oil: 2-3 drops
- Water: 1 cup
- First of all, take a cup of water in a bowl or container or something and add in the baking soda to it.
- After that, add in the peppermint essential oil to the mixture. You can also use any other essential oil which is more suitable for you or whose scent is more pleasing to your senses. Alternately, you can also look for an essential oil which is known to target any specific hair or scalp issues you are suffering from.
- Then, combine the ingredients well with each other by stirring and shaking and the shampoo is ready for use. You can store it in a bottle or a soap pump or any other container which you have handy.
- To use it, wash your hair and then rinse it with the resultant shampoo and make sure to cover all of your hair with it. This shampoo does not exactly lather so you’ll have to feel for it.
- Finally, let it sit on the hair for a couple of minutes and then rinse it off using normal water and you are done!
- You can use this homemade shampoo 1 or two times in a week to treat your hair well and improve their health tangibly in no time. This shampoo won’t dry out your hair or make them weaker, instead, it will make them stronger and add lots of volume to it so that it looks gorgeous.
Baking soda and Castor oil Homemade Shampoo
- Baking soda: 2-3 tbsp
- Concentrated castor oil: 15 drops
- Water: 3 cups
- First of all, combine all the ingredients together thoroughly by stirring and shaking them all together well.
- After that, store the resultant mixture in a container like a bottle or a shampoo bottle. Now it is ready for use.
- Then, to use it, dampen your hair first by rinsing them with water and then apply the previously obtained homemade shampoo all over your hair and scalp using gentle massaging motions for a few minutes.
- Lastly, rinse the shampoo out of your hair with normal water and then air dry your hair. You are done!
- Use this terrific homemade shampoo a couple of times in a week to nourish your hair and scalp significantly. Castor oil is known to stimulate the growth of hair multiple folds within a few application. Thus, this remedy will help make your hair stronger and longer. Moreover, this remedy is nice for the scalp too as it will help balance the pH levels and treat issues like dandruff.
Tips, Tricks, and Precautions
Now, in this section, we will learn about a few points which you should be aware of before you dive headfirst into the world of making and using your own shampoos. Peruse the following points carefully and head them to keep your hair healthy and safe:
- Baking soda shampoos work the best right after they have been combined. So, it would be best if you make the shampoo right before showering. However, this is not necessary to harness its benefits.
- Take care that these shampoos do not get in your eyes.
- These shampoos’ effects may be hard notice unless you have been using them for a couple of weeks.
You might find this article interesting How To Get Rid Of Oily Scalp & Greasy Hair, Home Remedies