In teenagers pimples are very common problems, some of them get many small pimples on their face, they do not pain or itch but they also look bad and can decrease your confidence level.
Read this article to know some do’s and don’ts for taking care of your skin if you are also facing this problem.
- Wash your skin twice a day (morning and before bed) with a mild soap-free cleanser
- Wash your face after you exercise as oil builds up and can clog pores.
- Wash your face well after you come in contact with oils or grease such as working in a fast-food restaurant.
- Wash your hands before touching or rubbing your face and try not to rest your chin, cheek, or forehead on your hand. Just think of all of the things you may have touched during the day with your hands! Breaking this habit may help to clear up most of your problem areas.
- Wash your hair regularly especially if it’s oily. Oil from your hair can make your face and neck extra oily.
- Use “oil-free” sunscreen when you know you’ll be outside in the sun. Antibiotics and other acne medicine can make your skin burn faster with sun exposure.
- You must be knowing that you literally become what you eat, so eat healthy, stay away from processed, packaged and unhealthy food.
- Exercise regularly, exercising helps your body to release the free radicals that lead to aging, so if you.
- Stick to healthy, home-cooked meals, avoid oily food.
- Cut down sugar consumption or consume in moderation. Excess sugar consumption can lead to premature aging, so if you want to retain your youth, then stick to healthy food.
- Use a sunscreen lotion even if you stay indoors.
- Use skincare products that are suitable for your skin type.
- Avoid stepping out into the sun as much as possible.
- Cover your face with a scarf while stepping out to keep away from dust and dirt.
- Get a professional clean up done once in a while.
- Do not use too many products on your skin at once, a gentle cleanser, clarifying toner and a nourishing moisturizer is enough to keep your skin healthy and glowing.
- Always conduct a patch test before applying anything on your skin.
- Go ahead and purchase a sleeping mask, use it often, it will nourish your skin from deep within.
- Drink enough water to keep your skin hydrated all day long.
- Wear clothes that cover up most of your exposed body parts to avoid suntan.
- Do not rub your skin abrasively as it will only irritate your delicate skin.
- Don’t scrub your face or use harsh soaps; you can’t scrub acne away but you can make your acne worse if you are too rough when washing your face.
- Do not use alcohol-based cleaning products. Products with a high percentage of alcohol can make your skin very dry and irritated. It can actually cause your body to make more oil that can result in more acne.
- Don’t pick, pop or squeeze pimples or anything on your face no matter how tempting! All that poking can cause more inflammation and possibly leave you with a scar.
- Do not use moisturizers or sunscreens that have oil in them. Look for a label that says “oil-free” and makes sure you use a “facial” moisturizer, not a “body” moisturizer.
- Keep hair gels, hairspray, and other hair products away from your face as they can clog your pores. Wash your face after you use these products to keep oils away.
Apart from following these skin care tips, you can also use the face packs that I have listed down below:
DIY Avocado face pack recipe for all skin types
- Ripe avocado: half an avocado
- Manuka honey: 1 tablespoon
- Oats: a spoonful
- Full-fat milk: 3 tablespoons
- Add all the ingredients in the specified quantities in a mixing bowl.
- Give it a good stir to make sure that everything gets mixed up well.
- Cleanse your face with a mild face wash.
- Pat dry your skin with a clean towel.
- Take a generous amount of this face pack on your face pack applicator.
- Apply it evenly all over your face and neck.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes at least or wait until this face pack dries up completely.
- Then, splash some running tap water on your face to rinse it off.
- Wipe your face clean.
- Spritz on a hydrating facial mist.
- Follow up with a moisturizer to complete this skincare regime.
- Use this face pack once in a week and you are good to go.
DIY soothing yogurt face pack recipe for all skin types
- Plain yogurt: 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice: juice of 1/4th of a lemon
- Orange pulp: as much as required
- Organic aloe vera gel: 1 teaspoon
- Get hold of a blender.
- Pour in all the ingredients in it.
- Blend it into a smooth paste.
- Wipe your face with micellar water to make sure that it is squeaky clean before applying this face pack.
- Apply this face pack all over your face and neck evenly with a face pack applicator.
- Let it sit for about 5 minutes and work wonders for your skin.
- Then, wash it off with running tap water.
- Pat dry your face with a clean towel.
- Follow up with a creamy moisturizer to reap the maximum benefits from this skincare regime.
- Spritz on a hydrating facial mist if you want to.
- To get the best results, use this face pack once in a week and you are good to go.
DIY Flower face pack recipe for clear skin
- Crushed marigold flowers: 2
- Sandalwood powder: 1 tablespoon
- Curd: 1/2tablespoon
- Lemon juice: 1/2 tablespoon
- Add everything in a mixing bowl.
- Give it a good stir to mix everything well.
- Cleanse your face with a mild facial cleanser.
- Wipe your face with a clean face towel.
- Apply this face pack evenly all over your face and neck with your fingertips.
- Let it sit for about 20 minutes.
- Then, rinse off with running tap water.
- Follow up with a toner and a moisturizer.
- If you want clear skin, then use this face pack twice a week.
You might find this article interesting How To Care For Hair