Most of us now about fresh fruit facial, but have you ever heard about dry fruit facial? Well, you read that right, dry fruit facials help to even out wrinkles, remove spots and give you a smooth skin. Try these dry fruit facials at home in tandem with your regular skincare regime and your skin will start glowing. Dry fruits such as almonds, cashew nuts, raisins, pistachios are the new age ingredients for a beautiful, soft, nourished and glowing skin. They go well with most skin types, however, if you have sensitive skin, then conduct a patch test beforehand.
DIY Almond dry fruit facial recipe
- Peeled almonds: quarter tablespoon
- Pistachios: quarter tablespoon
- Dry raisins: quarter tablespoon
- Cashew nuts: quarter tablespoon
- Soaked dry dates: quarter tablespoon
- Now soak all the ingredients in water till they turn soft.
- Combine them with honey and 1/4 tsp of saffron.
- Take a mixer and grind all the dry fruits and other ingredients into a soft paste.
- Make sure you get a grainy feeling when you touch it as it will be helpful for the purpose of scrubbing on the face.
- Massage this on your face for a good 15 minutes using your hands in a circular motion and let it dry.
- Alternatively, you can mix fuller’s earth in this concoction and use it as a mask.
- Once it dries off, wash your face with cool water and pat your face dry.
- Follow up with a hydrating facial mist and a creamy moisturizer to complete this skincare regime.
Try this facial at the comfort of your home once in a week at the comfort of your home and you are good to go.
DIY saffron-dry fruit facial recipe
- Milk: 1 small bowl
- Wild turmeric powder: just a pinch
- Apricot powder: 1 teaspoon
- Khuskhus: as much as required
- Dates: 2
- Pistachios: as much as required
- Raisins: just a handful
- Fresh milk cream: 1 tablespoon
- Saffron strands: 8-10
- Multani mitti: 1 teaspoon
- Aloe vera gel: 1 teaspoon
- Vitamin E capsule: 1
- Peeled almonds: 4-5
- Mint leaves: a handful
- Purified water: half a cup
- Add mint leaf paste and purified water in an ice-tray and refrigerate it overnight.
- Make your own cleanser by mixing 2 tablespoons of full-fat milk with turmeric powder.
- Next up, take a tablespoon of milk, apricot powder, khus khus in a blender, you can adjust the consistency of the scrub as per your liking.
- Run these ingredients through a blender to get a mildly coarse scrub.
- To make your face massage cream, take soaked dates, almonds, raisins, and fresh milk cream in a blender.
- Blend it all into a smooth paste, and your face cream is ready.
- At last, make your face pack, add saffron strands, multani mitti, vitamin E oil and aloe vera gel in a mixing bowl.
- Give it a good stir to mix everything well and make a smooth paste.
- At first, you need to cleanse your face with plain water to make sure that your skin is squeaky clean before applying anything on your face.
- At first, take the facial cleanser and spread it lightly all over the face, light;y massage your face with your fingertips in small upward strokes for a while.
- After that, take the scrub and again massage it in circular motions applying more pressure to scrub off blackheads, whiteheads, and acne from the skin.
- Then steam your face for 2-3 minutes without rubbing it abrasively.
- Now use the herbal cream to massage your face with a light hand in small upward strokes. Keep massaging for around 20 minutes at a stretch.
- Then use the mint-use to rub your face, it will calm down down the redness and also seal the open pores.
- At last, take a generous amount of the face pack on your face pack applicator.
- Apply it evenly all over your face and neck.
- Keep it on for about 15-20 minutes.
- After washing it off, give cold compress to your face.
- Do this facial once in a fortnight to get a subtle glow on your skin.
DIY dry fruit face pack recipe
- Pistachio: 2 tablespoons
- Almond: 2 tablespoons
- Chiraunji seeds: 2 tablespoons
- Sunflower seeds: 2 tablespoons
- Sandalwood powder: half teaspoon
- Yeast: 1 teaspoon
- Mulethi powder: half a teaspoon
- Bottle gourd water: as much as required
- Steam-distilled rose water: as much as required
- Hexane free castor oil: a few drops
- Add pistachios, almonds, chiraunji seeds, and sunflower seeds in a blender.
- Blend it into a coarse, granulated powder.
- After that take a tablespoon of this powder in a mixing bowl.
- To it, add the specified quantities of sandalwood powder, yeast, and mulethi powder in it.
- Mix all the dry ingredients at first.
- Then add enough bottle gourd water, rose water and a few drops of castor oil and mix it well to make a smooth, lump-free face pack.
- Wipe your face with micellar water to ensure that your face is squeaky clean before applying this face pack.
- Set aside the face to set for at least 5-10 minutes.
- Take a generous amount of this face pack on your face pack applicator.
- Apply it evenly all over your face and neck.
- Keep it on for about 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with running tap water.
- Follow up with a creamy moisturizer to complete this skincare regime.
- Use this face pack once in a month and you are good to go.
DIY instant fairness date face pack recipe
- Dates: 5-6
- Full fat milk: 1-2 tablespoons
- Manuka honey: half a tablespoon
- Wash the dates properly.
- Take out the seeds.
- Add all of it in a food processor.
- Followed by milk, you can adjust the consistency of the face pack as per your liking by adding more milk.
- At last, add honey and close the lid.
- Blend it all into a smooth face pack.
- Cleanse your face with a mild face wash before applying this face pack.
- Take a generous amount of this face pack on your face pack applicator and apply it evenly all over your face and neck.
- Keep it on for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash it off with running tap water.
- Follow up with a moisturizer.
- Use this face pack twice a week to get the best results.
You might find this article interesting Dragonfruit – Types, Benefits, Home Remedies