1. Cold shower burn fat (Increase metabolism) : When your body is exposed to cold, it requires more heat to warm you up. To heat you up, it has to process more energy, which means it has to burn more fat more efficiently than normal. Being cold can also activate brown fat, which is a sort of good fat that helps generate heat, boost your metabolism, and burn fat.
2.Cold shower Keeps skin and hair healthy: Cold water helps to close pores. Closed pores keep your skin looking smooth and healthy, without drying your skin out as hot water can. The cold water helps keep your hair shiny and your skin soft, rather than itchy, ashy, and dried out.
3.Cold shower improves circulation and removes toxins: When the cold water on the surface of the skin, blood vessels beneath the skin will shrink. This reduces the blood circulation, but at the same time the mechanism of blood pressure and it will automatically destroy the target tissue. This causes the blood to circulate with greater impetus, so that blood flow becomes stronger in the increasing circulation.
4. Cold showers strengthen immunity: You want to increase white blood cells? Bathe in cold water, because it will increase your metabolism, which in turn increases body heat and revive the immune system by releasing white blood cells.
5.Relieves depression and eases stress: Cold showers have been shown to relieve depression symptoms due to the intense impact of cold receptors in the skin, which send an overwhelming amount of electrical impulses from the peripheral nerve endings to the brain. Thus, it produces an antidepressive effect, and boosts moods.
Some more notable benefits:
- Helps to achieve clear skin– According to researchers, cold showers help to decrease the level of uric acid from the body and promotes glutathione production in the body. That, in turn, helps to reduce stress and get clear skin in the long-run.
- Keeps depression at bay– A cold shower activates the “blue spot” in the brain and that releases noradrenaline, a hormone that helps to get over depression.
- Improves fertility in men– Taking a cold shower every day helps to increase sperm count in men.
- Helps you to fall asleep faster– If you suffer from insomnia, then you must take a cold shower every night before hitting the bed. This small step helps your body to get rid of toxins and fall asleep faster and enjoy a night of uninterrupted sleep.
- Quickens up muscle recovery-If you suffer from a sudden muscle injury then consider taking a shower in cold water once in a day. It results in increased blood circulation and quickens up the process of healing.
- Boosts immunity-Taking a cold shower every morning helps to boost immunity by increasing the production of white blood cells in the body.
- Aids weight loss– Taking a shower early morning quickens up your metabolism and hence it aids in weight loss.
You might find this article interesting How To Reduce White Hair