Whether you are going to the office, for a party, or an adventure trip, a woman needs the best dress, makeup, and smooth and waxed arms and legs. Waxing is the first prerequisite for a woman to look hot and sensational. After all, which camera would like to focus on feminine skin that has hair stubble showing? But waxing is also a painful as it causes redness of skin and irritation, the worst part is that it may not be suitable for sensitive skin at all. Those of you who have thicker, coarser hair and deeper follicles are bound to have a tougher time while getting your body waxed.
But trust me, once you start getting waxed regularly, hair growth and volume will decrease with time. The threshold of pain varies from person to person. What may be very painful for you may not be as painful as that for someone else who chose to wax over shaving? However, if you want to get your skin waxed to get smooth and buttery skin, then you must abide by some rules that will keep your skin healthy and glowing. I have already mentioned earlier in this post that visiting a dermatologist to ask whether your skin is suited for waxing or not is a must to avoid skin problems. The entire process is a bit lengthy and also time-consuming, hence we suggest you visit a salon and get it done by a professional, however, if you want to know how to do waxing at home, then I will list down a few more recipes at the end of this article.
Thankfully, there are methods such as applying ice cubes on the skin to bring a sense of coolness. But what you need is a consistent and proven way to treat skin after you have waxed your arms and legs. In this article below, I have shared are a few tips to make waxing less painful for your convenience. Read between the lines carefully and see what suits you the best. There are also a variety of options to choose from such as Rica wax, cold wax, sugar wax or chocolate wax. If you have extremely sensitive skin, then you should get your skin examined by a dermatologist beforehand to prevent minor skin infections.
- When you go to a salon to get your waxing done, find out from your beauty technician the kind of lotion she recommends after waxing.
- Though most salons use a lotion immediately after the waxing session in order to soothe the skin, the lotion with aloe or lavender helps soothe pain, burning sensation, and redness.
- It is easy to give in to using harsh soaps or creams as cleansing agents for the first 24 hours after the waxing has been done.
- But little do we know that this will cause skin irritation and pain.
- The better option is to go and take a cool shower. This will help soothe the skin without causing any sense of irritation.
- Also, abstain from using exfoliating creams with scrubs after waxing as that will only further aggravate the skin causing redness and even bleeding in some cases.
- Applying a cold compress to the waxed area would bring relief if you get a hot or painful sensation.
- All you need to do is fold a piece of cloth and hold it under cold water running from your tap.
- Squeeze out the moisture from the cloth piece and press it on the waxed skin to get instant relief and reduction in swelling, if there is any.
- It’s important to wear loose underclothes or clothes around the area that you’ve waxed.
- Tight clothing will always constrict the area and worst of all will trap the sweat underneath.
- This will further irritate the sensitive skin.
- Moreover, the sweat will provide the ideal breeding ground for germs which will make the after-effects of waxing, not a pleasant experience.
- Avoid going for swimming within 24 hours after waxing.
- Remember, your skin is still prone to infection since it has become sensitive after the pain from waxing.
- That is no reason to lose hope.
- Only clean running water is allowed to post waxing.
- You can also exercise after waxing but try and abstain from heavy push-ups since excessive heat temperature on the waxed area will end up irritating your skin.
- That is why make sure to apply aloe vera gel before exercising.
- If you have gone for Brazilian or bikini waxing for the first time, take a pain reliever, should you be feeling sensitive after the waxing.
- Next time when you go for waxing, hopefully, you know the instructions on how to make it feel a good and happy experience !!
- Have you ever tried to pop a pimple? I am sure all of us have done this mistake at least once in our lifetime, and it just made matters worse for you, right?
- The same golden rule applies even for zits and bumps that appear on your skin post waxing.
- When hair is pulled out from your skin with great force, you are bound to get those tiny zits and bumps on your body.
- Never ever pop them, no matter how tempting it may seem to be like.
- Always apply a soothing or hydrating or cooling gel or ice cubes topically right after waxing.
- Do not slather on a thick layer of body butter and massage it in as you may do otherwise.
- Never apply any over the counter ointment before seeking professional help from a practitioner.
- Doing that will only make matters worse for your skin.
- You can apply a mixture of aloe vera gel and tea tree essential oil on the affected areas to make sure that your skin remains soft and supple and free from any infection.
- Exfoliation is the key to healthy, plump and soft skin.
- If you have an ingrown hair, then you must consider exfoliating once in a while to keep your skin soft and smooth all day long.
- Wait for 36 hours and then use bleach while taking a hot shower to get rid of ingrown hair.
- If you have photosensitive skin, then you must avoid stepping out in the sun immediately post waxing, that will only make matters worse for you.
- If your skin feels itchy, dried or flaky then apply extra virgin coconut oil on the affected area.
- If you are on oral contraceptives, then make it a point to consult a doctor before waxing.
- If you also use facial wax for doing your eyebrows then keep some tea bags on your eyelids to soothe them.
- If you want to apply makeup right after waxing, then use mineral make up instead of your regular makeup to get the best results.
- If you want the volume of hair growth to reduce drastically then try to book your appointments at the salon after every 30 days, consistent hair uprooting will help to get rid of unwanted hair.
- Instead of using soaps or cleansers post waxing, just take a cold shower if required to maintain hygiene without harming your skin.
- If you have done bikini wax then don not go swimming for at least 48hours after waxing.
- Take a break from the gym or yoga classes, chances are you may sweat and get infections easily.
- Wear loose clothing and make sure that the fabric does not brush against your skin, to avoid infections and discomfort.
- Apply a tad bit of baby powder before waxing to make sure that your skin is devoid of moisture.
- This way your hair will stick to your waxing strip and come off easily.
- Do not shave in between your waxing sessions.
- Let your hair grow to least a quarter of an inch before going for waxing.
- Hydration is a one-stop solution to most of your skin woes, so stay hydrated, to make sure that your skin is moist and plump.
- It is really very difficult to resist the temptation of a hot shower, isn’t it? But you must stick to cold showers post-waxing to make sure that our skin does not get irritated.
- If you are bored of using aloe vera gel, then try another alternative to soothe your irritated skin.
- Open your refrigerator and take out a fresh cucumber.
- Wash, peel and cut it into small pieces.
- Blend or grate it properly, then extract cucumber juice with the help of a strainer.
- Apply it to the areas where you just waxed to get the best results.
- It will soothe, nourish, hydrate and moisturize your skin and at the same time, it will also keep minor skin infections at bay.
- Although the market is flooded with a lot of commercial products, you must be cautious about the products that you use, try using natural products as it won’t harm your skin in the long-run.
- I am sure that you must have heard about apple cider vinegar by now.
- It is a versatile ingredient that can be used for serving all purposes be it skincare, weight loss or just simple home remedies.
Well, as I mentioned earlier, I will list down some of the most effective sugar wax recipes that you can try at home, here they are:
DIY Sugar-wax recipe
- Fresh lemon juice: 2 tablespoons
- Castor sugar: 2 tablespoons
- Purified water: as much as required
- At first, add lemon juice in a pan and heat it.
- Once it boils, add honey and water in it and keep stirring the concoction until you achieve a sticky, caramel brown concoction.
- You have to use it while it is still warm but not excessively hot.
- Dab on some baby powder on the areas that you want to wax.
- Then spread a thick layer of this mixture evenly on the affected area. in the direction of your hair growth.
- Place a waxing strip on top of the sugar wax and rub it for a while with your finger-tips.
- Make sure that the strip sticks to the wax.
- Then pull it off in the wink of an eye, in the opposite direction of hair growth.
- Repeat the same process until you have removed hair from your body.
- Make this mixture in small batches as it is of no good use once it solidifies.
- Use it once n 20 days and you are good to go.