Everyone desires a radiant and clear skin. Some people are born with clean and healthy skin while others have to work a bit harder to achieve it. If one has a priority list I am sure it will be to get a glowing skin. In order to ensure our heart’s desire, it is important to know what is beneficial for our skin. Vitamin C and E have properties that fulfill specific roles in our body. Direct and indirect rays of the sun are very harmful to the skin as it reduces its elasticity and dries it. Vitamin C and Vitamin E controls the sun damage to a great extent and helps in repairing the dried out and coarse skin.
There are several ways in which one can receive ample quantity of Vitamin C and Vitamin E in our body. Products containing Vitamin C and Vitamin E are easily available as dietary supplements and over-the-counter products. Some of the most common, effective and easy ones which will prove advantageous are explained in this article.
- Vitamin C and Vitamin E are available as both tropical and oral supplements. Tropical applications enable the skin to receive higher nutrient concentration. You can take one of each Vitamin C and Vitamin E supplement of nearly 200 mg daily. These can be taken together or separately according to your convenience. The most preferred time of taking them is early morning on an empty stomach so that they can be digested properly within our system. One should drink at least 8 ounces of water with them to facilitate better results.
- It is better to wash your skin by taking a bath as it removes the accumulated dirt and dust. Now apply tropical applications on your body and let it work its magic on the skin. Vitamin E and Vitamin C are available in oil forms at health stores and pharmacies and can be applied on the skin directly.
- Nowadays creams are in fashion and the most preferred way to get both Vitamin C and Vitamin E. You will have to apply a generous amount of the tropical cream on your skin and rub it slowly and gently with fingers. Continue to rub it for some time for best results until a thin layer is covering your skin. It is vital to note down that you can use a cream which has both the properties of Vitamin C and Vitamin E or you can simply use any one of them at a time or you can use separate creams at separate times in an alternative manner. Actually, it is your personal preference whether you want to use this cream daily or alternatively because there are no specific directions for its application.
- Vitamin C serum is easily available in the consumer market and is very common and popular amongst its users. You just have to go through its ingredients and choose one which you find suitable. Apply it to your skin on regular basis for effective results. Capsules of Vitamin C are available in the market and can be used directly on the skin. Vitamin E serum is also available in consumer markets that can be applied externally to the skin.
- We can consume Vitamin C and Vitamin E easily on a daily basis. Vitamin C is found in several vegetables, fruits and juices and some common ones are red bell peppers, broccoli, kale, cranberry, raspberry, blueberry, strawberry, guava, Indian gooseberry or commonly known as Amla and several citrus fruits including grapefruit and orange. Vitamin E is mostly found in palm oil, wheat germ, hazel nuts, sunflower seeds, avocado, spinach, and almonds. We can increase our take on Vitamin C and Vitamin E by eating more of these products.
- Supplements are add-ons, not deficiency solvers. You can take supplements if you think that you are not getting enough of it via your daily diet. One easy method to do so is by taking pills. Supplements like oral pills work better when you are also taking a proper and healthy diet because if you are only ingesting the pills without proper diet then you are addressing a deficiency and not having supplements. They work better together as they complement each other. You cannot expect the supplements to work overnight as it generally takes them at least three weeks to start working their magic.
- Besides the serums, pills, and applications found in the consumer market, one can also make natural man-made masks containing Vitamin C and Vitamin E at home. For Vitamin, C mask take orange peel powder and mix it with either rose water or yogurt. Now add fuller’s earth or Multani mitti as it is commonly called and a bit of turmeric powder. Mix it well and apply on the skin as a mask for at least twenty minutes, Wash it off and use this mask at periodic intervals for maximum benefits. For a mask of Vitamin E take Vitamin E oil, almond oil and coconut oil in equal quantities. Besides Vitamin E oil you can also use Vitamin E capsule as its alternative. Mix all the three oils and add aloe-vera gel to it. Now blend it properly to make a quick and easy facial serum containing Vitamin E.
- Our body produces Vitamins C and Vitamin E naturally through the skin’s pores. If the balance is right it helps in preventing dryness of skin. Vitamin E has antioxidant qualities that help to build and repair skin. Vitamin C and Vitamin E work wonders to achieve healthy skin by healing it, restoring its radiance and bringing a youthful quality to it. Regular usage helps in rehydrating and moisturizing it to make the skin suppler and softer. Vitamin C pills increase the protection afforded by sunscreens by decreasing cell damage. It reduces the signs of aging by minimizing the appearances of wrinkles. Vitamin E absorbs the harmful UV sunlight and minimizes the damage caused by such rays. It helps in prevention of dark spots. Hence we come to the conclusion that it is necessary to have the right balance of both the vitamins in the human body.