One of the most common problems a person can face is a head full of lice. It is contagious and causes itchiness, a crawling feeling on the scalp and even sores. Friends, do not go for chemically induced medications as there are effective and safe homemade haircare remedies for it.
Tea Tree Oil + Olive Oil
- Take ten drops of Tree Tea oil in a small bowl and add three tbsp of olive oil to it.
- Take a cotton ball and dip it in the mixture.
- Now apply it on the scalp in such a way that the entire scalp is covered by the oil.
- Take a hairbrush and apply the remaining mixture on the hair thoroughly.
- Wrap your hair in a head towel or a shower cap and leave it overnight.
- Before your bath take a lice comb and use it on your head.
- Wash your head with a mild shampoo and conditioner.
- It is better to comb your hair when wet and slathered with conditioner as the lice come out easily.
- First, use a wide-toothed comb to untangle and then a fine-tooth comb by dragging it from top to tips.
How it Works
Tea Tree oil is enriched with anti-viral, anti-fungal and antimicrobial properties to fight infection and parasites like lice. Olive oil has medicinal properties that soothe the head and offers relief. It should be used regularly twice a week for at least three to four weeks to clear your head of each and every louse.
Tea Tree Oil + Coconut Oil
- Take a small bowl and pour ten drops of Tree Tea oil.
- Add three to four tbsp of coconut oil to it in accordance with the thickness of your hair.
- Take a cotton ball, dip it and apply it on the scalp.
- Make sure every inch of the scalp is covered by the mixture.
- Now take a brush and apply the rest of the mixture on the hair from top to tips thoroughly because lice also stick to the hair.
- Cover your head with a head towel or a shower cap.
- It is better to leave it overnight for best results.
- If you are uncomfortable sleeping with it you can apply it in the morning and try to keep it for as much time as possible.
- Before your bath take a lice comb and comb your hair. Most of the lice come out at this time.
- Now wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
- Apply and slather your hair with a conditioner. Take the comb again and comb your wet hair. Most of the remaining lice come out of wet hair.
- Now wash your hair again with normal water.
How it Works:
Repeat this process twice a week for three weeks minimum to rid of the unwanted lice. Coconut oil has medicinal properties that nourish the scalp and gives relief from the itching sensation. Tea Tree oil as we know has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties that help in getting rid of the lice.
Friends, a cautionary word because Tree Tea oil should not be applied in several scenarios for instance during the first trimester of pregnancy and when you are breastfeeding. Pure Tea tree oil is very strong and should not be applied directly to babies or small children’s head. Yes, you can mix it with coconut oil in the ratio 1:8 for tea tree oil: coconut oil.
You might find this article interesting how to get rid of canker sores