There is no doubt that looking good makes you feel good too…..and feeling good is so important. Looking one’s best certainly imparts confidence, which is so necessary in today’s competitive world. Self-confidence, in its turn, brings respect and appreciation. In the career world too, there are so many jobs where the appearance counts, like front office jobs, careers in hotels and tourism, public relations, television, fashion and so on. Actually, in any job, looking your best helps self-esteem and self-belief. So, today I am going to jot down a few points that will help you look your best all year round and boost your confidence as well. Most of the herbal skincare home remedies suggested in this article are completely safe on the skin and organic in nature, yet if you have extremely sensitive skin then kindly conduct a patch test beforehand to check for sensitivity.
Take care of your skin
- Taking care of your appearance also delays the visible signs of aging.
- The woman who has been following a healthy diet and lifestyle finds it easier to cope with changes, as she ages.
- It is not just beauty care but includes regular exercise, nutritious diet, adequate sleep, and relaxation.
- Regular exercise helps to delay aging changes and has a beneficial effect on both body and mind.
- It keeps the muscles and joints flexible and also helps to prevent weight gain.
- Along with exercise, adopt a healthy eating pattern, with an emphasis on fresh fruits, unrefined cereals, salads, sprouts, lightly cooked vegetables, yogurt and skimmed milk, clear soups, fresh fruit juices.
- Your diet should be low in fats, sugar, and starch, but high in vitamins and minerals.
- This kind of diet will raise your level of fitness and also help your skin and hair.
Cater to the needs of your skin as per your age
- Many women let themselves go once they are married or have become a mother.
- The result is spreading outlines, dull skin and hair and careless grooming.
- I think efficient time-management is the answer.
- No matter how demanding housework is, you have to set apart some time for yourself every day.
- Actually, daily skin and hair care take only a few minutes. So does daily exercise.
Choose your skin care products wisely
- It is never too late to start a regular skincare routine, selecting products according to the skin type.
- The skin-care routine should include cleansing, toning, moisturizing and nourishing.
- With age, the activity of the oil glands decreases and the skin becomes drier.
- Daily moisturizing and nourishing help to keep the skin soft, supple, moist and youthful.
- Pay special attention to the neck and the area around the eyes, which show age most of all. Nowadays specialized products are available for the care of particular areas, like the eyes.
Repose your faith on the professionals
- Take weekly facials at a good beauty salon.
- Professional massages, along with cleansing, toning and masks really help to rejuvenate the skin.
- The skin’s ability to retain moisture improves and so does the process of cell renewal.
- With the help of scrubs and masks, as well as professional care, the outer-layer build-up can be removed, giving the process of cell renewal a boost.
- The skin also becomes clearer, finer and more translucent.
Make sure that your skin is squeaky clean
- Regular washing and proper hair care help to a large extent.
- Check with a doctor if there is hair loss.
- Vitamin and mineral supplements may help.
- Along with this, one can have clinical treatments to check problems of hair loss.
- A change of hairstyle can also make you feel like a new person.
- In fact, with thinning hair, you can go in for a shorter haircut and style, which can give the hair a fuller look and make you look younger.
- We are living at an age when one can experiment with new looks without raising too many eyebrows.
- In fact, you will probably get appreciation and compliments as a result of these changes.
- It is really important to take care of your skin to make sure that you look flawless and beautiful every day.
A positive outlook is the key to good skin and nourished hair
- Your attitude also helps to feel good about yourself. Keep an open mind.
- Try out something new.
- You never know, it may suit you.
- Cultivate your interests and hobbies.
- Learn something new.
- They give another dimension to the personality and make you feel more active and youthful.
- According to Sophia Loren, the famous film star, “There is a fountain of youth – it is your mind, your talents, and creativity that you bring to life and to the lives of people you love. When you learn to tap this source, you will truly have defeated age.”
Revert to the age-old natural home remedies for skincare
- A lot of us do not like DIY home remedies because it can get messy and we need to keep everything handy.
- But slowly and steadily the world is again falling back and trusting the home remedies all over again.
- If you also want to try some effective home remedy then prepare a lemon face pack.
- To prepare this face pack, squeeze some lemon juice in a mixing bowl.
- Add some grated cucumber juice and milk and in it.
- Mix it well and your face pack is ready.
- Wash your face with a regular facial cleanser.
- Use a skin toner.
- Follow up with a nourishing moisturizer to get the best results.
An egg face pack is a solution to all your skin woes
- Does your skin look flaky, dry and aged?
- Are you tired of trying out every herb and hybrid and yet disappointed with the results?
- If it is so, then use this egg mask once in a while and you can thank us later for suggesting this amazing home remedy to you.
- All you have to do is crack an egg, take a teaspoon of the egg white.
- Discard the yolk and the eggshells.
- To it add in a teaspoon of curd and ground almonds.
- Whisk everything well until you achieve a smooth face pack with a medium consistency.
- Wipe your face with a wet wipe to get rid of the remaining traces of dirt, dust, gunk, and makeup from your face.
- Then apply a generous amount of this face pack all over your face and neck with an applicator brush.
- Let it sit for the next 20 minutes and work wonders for your skin.
- Then rinse it off with running tap water.
- Pat dry your face with a towel.
- Follow up with a toner and moisturizer to complete this skincare regime.
The ultimate skincare tip for extremely dry and flaky skin
- If you have extremely dry and flaky skin, then it must be very difficult to apply make-up as it will give a weird appearance.
- Dry and dehydrated skin will always make you look more than your age.
- So if you want a quick and easy home remedy to deal with the problem then use this face pack.
- To prepare this nourishing face pack, add 8 drops of sunflower oil and 3 tablespoons of full-fat milk in a container.
- Combine them well.
- Since it has a liquidy texture, apply it with the help of a cotton ball.
- This face pack will drip, so take precautions accordingly.
- At first, wash your face with our regular face wash.
- Pat dry your face with a clean towel.
- Then dip a cotton ball in this solution.
- Squeeze out the excess and then gently pat it all over your face.
- Let it sit for some time and then rinse off with running tap water.
- Spritz on some facial mist, allow it to dry up completely and then slather on a thick layer of moisturizer.
- Gently massage the product in your skin and you are good to go.
- To get the best results, use this home remedy at least twice a week, especially in the winters.
The all-rounder pimple clearing face pack recipe with neem leaves and sandalwood powder
- We would unanimously agree upon the fact that it is next to impossible to get rid of recurrent pimples.
- No matter what you do, you are bound to notice tiny zits and bumps on your face.
- However, if you use this face pack regularly, it will help you get rid of this problem to some extent.
- To prepare this face pack, crush some freshly plucked and washed neem leaves in a sandalwood slate with a pure sandalwood stick.
- Once you are done preparing this face pack, apply it on your cleansed face with your finger-tips.
- Allow it to dry up completely.
- Rinse it off with some pure neem water, ie water-soaked with pure neem leaves.
- Pat dry your face with a towel.
- Apply your regular toner.
- Complete this skincare regime by applying a thick layer of aloe vera gel if you have oily skin.
- If you have dry skin then use a heavy moisturizer to seal the deal.
- Using this face pack regularly will ultimately help you get rid of the problem of recurrent pimples in the long-run.
You might find this article interesting How To Care For Hair