We are conscious of our physical appearance and take special care of our face. What about the neck area? I have seen several people who have ignored it and let me tell the darkness around the neck looks horrible. There are several homemade tips and recipe that can prove helpful for your problem.
Lemon Juice + Rose Water Pack
- Take one tbsp of fresh lemon juice in a glass bowl and add one tsp of chilled rose water to it.
- Take a cotton ball and dip it in the mixture.
- Apply it fully on the neck region before going to bed.
- Leave it overnight.
- Wash your neck with normal water in the morning.
- You can store this mixture in the refrigerator for further use. If your neck area is looking very dark you can apply it thrice daily regularly for best results.
How it Works:
Lemon juice is rich in citric acid that acts as natural bleach. It has vitamin C that clears away accumulated impurities and lightens the skin tone. Rose water is enriched with anti-inflammatory properties that reduce irritation, acne, eczema and dead cells. It maintains the pH balance of the skin and lightens the darkness in and around the neck.
Baking Soda + Water
- Take two tbsp of baking soda in a glass bowl and add normal water.
- We need a smooth paste hence add water accordingly.
- Apply this paste on the neck in such a manner that it is fully covered by a thick layer.
- You can use a brush or your fingertips for application purposes.
- Leave it to dry for at least half an hour.
- Massage the area in a circular motion for a few minutes to exfoliate and then wash it away with normal water.
- Pat it dry and apply a few drops of moisturizer to the area.
How it Works:
Baking soda has anti-bacterial properties that remove the dead cells from the neck. It has bleaching properties that lighten the skin tone and natural nutrients that increases blood circulation and nourishes the skin from the inside.
Oatmeal + Olive Oil + Tomato Juice
- Take one-fourth cup of oats and grind it to make a coarse powder.
- Take a half tomato and blend it in a mixer to make its juice. We need one tbsp of tomato juice for our homemade recipe.
- Place the powdered oats in a glass bowl and add one tbsp of tomato juice and one tsp of olive oil to it.
- Mix it properly to get a thick and coarse paste.
- Apply it on the neck and leave it for half an hour.
- Scrub your neck for a few minutes and wash it away with cool water.
How it Works:
Oats help to scrub away the impurities and dead cells on the neck. Tomato juice has acidic properties that act as a natural bleach. Olive oil is an antioxidant that clears clogged pores and enhances the exfoliation process.
In today’s fast-paced world people do not have ample time and they opt for chemically induced products. Friends, let me warn you against them as they tend to prove harmful in the long run. The homemade tips and remedies take a few extra minutes no doubt but are inexpensive, accessible and most importantly do not have any side-effects.