Whenever you exfoliate or shave your legs, the next challenge is to keep them smooth. Many products are available in the market but they contain alcohol and can pull out moisture. Try below instruction to get smooth legs naturally after shaving
How to take care of legs just after shaving
Exfoliate the legs first to make it easier to shave them and get smoother skin. You can use a scrub and a loofah to exfoliate the skin well and make it more receptive to being shaved. Also, use warm water to wash the skin first so that your pores become more open and it becomes easier to shave them. As for exfoliating, you can use a product from the market or you can prepare your own scrub to exfoliate the skin. Mix some sugar with some honey to create your own homemade scrub for the skin.
Apply the shaving cream liberally to your legs to make it easier and smoother to shave them and consequently also get smoother skin afterward. If you do not have a shaving cream you can use other options too such as soap, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, or anything that will make it smoother to shave it.
Wash your legs immediately after shaving/waxing
Choose bath soap that moisturizes
Apply baby oil before drying the water off the legs. If you have normal skin that is enough. But if you have dry skin, apply a moisturizing cream (do not apply lotion) immediately after drying from the shower
When getting out of the shower, pat the skin dry to prevent any irritation.
How to shave properly to obtain the smoothest skin afterward
It is important that you follow proper shaving techniques to obtain smooth skin afterward. So use a decent quality and preferably newer razor to get the best shave.
Shave against the grain of the hair as that provides the closest shave and thus gives the smoothest results.
Make smaller strokes to both get a closer and safer shave and also minimize the erosion of the tool that is the razor. Also, keep rinsing the razor in between each stroke to keep it clear and clean to achieve the best and closest shave.
How to take care of legs in the next one or two days
You will feel mostly dry skin after one or two days of shaving, to deal with this you should choose the right moisturizer.
I personally prefer olive oil, this is nature’s best moisturizer. It is also high in vitamin E and antioxidants that maintain skin’s elasticity. It can be used as a lubricant when shaving as well as being used in place of baby oil or lotions.
Almond ubtan to get soft smooth silky legs at home
- Peeled almonds: 6-7
- Organic tulsi powder: 1 tablespoon
- Chickpea flour: 3 tablespoon
- Sandalwood powder: 2 tablespoon
- Wild turmeric powder: half a tablespoon
- Sesame oil: 1 tablespoon
- Fresh cream: 1 tablespoon
- Wet towel: 1
- Add all the ingredients in a blender and blend it into a coarse ubtan with a creamy texture.
- After blending. transfer the contents in a clean container.
- Wipe your legs with a wet towel after waxing.
- Apply this ubtan on the desired areas.
- When it starts to dry out, scrub it off gently.
- Rinse off with plain water.
- As a final step, slather on a thick layer of aloe vera gel.
- Apply this ubtan once in a week to get the best results.
Turmeric body polishing ubtan for smooth legs
- Wild turmeric powder: 1 tablespoon
- Pure sandalwood powder: half a tablespoon
- Steam distilled lavender water: 2 tablespoons
- Organic rose petal powder: 1 tablespoon
- Neem powder: half a tablespoon
- Sweet almond oil: 1 tablespoon
- Mix everything in a container to make a smooth paste.
- Apply a thick layer of this skin polishing ubtan on the desired areas.
- Keep it on for around 30 minutes or wait for it to dry out completely.
- Wash it off with tepid water.
- Apply a moisturizer after washing it off if you have oily skin, if you have dry skin then massage your legs with olive oil.
- Apply this body polishing ubtan an hour after waxing to get a radiant glow on your skin. Apply it once in 20 days even if you do not wax your skin to get the best results.
Waxing the skin to get smooth legs
You can also opt for waxing to get a smooth result with your legs. Waxing is much more painful than shaving but gives smoother skin than it as it pulls out the hair right out from the roots. Although there are tips and techniques which you can employ to make it much easier to wax and get smoother skin while minimizing the discomfort caused.
First thing is that your hair needs to be a certain length before they can get waxed so let your hair grow out a little bit so that it easier to wax and more effective too. So, let your hair grow out to at least a quarter-inch before waxing them to get smooth skin.
Exfoliation is important here as well and scrubbing your skin clean of dead skin cells and other contaminants will make it easier to pull the hair out of your skin. Thus, you will be able to get smoother skin and also experience less pain and discomfort.
Moisturizing the skin before waxing is also important as waxing can be quite drying. So keep your skin hydrated well to get smoothest waxes and keep your skin strong to face the trauma of yanking the hair out from the roots by force. It is generally a good idea to keep the skin moisturized anyway as that will keep your skin healthy and also prevent a whole host of issues including premature aging.
Also, if you are following the shaving method to get rid of unwanted hair and get smooth legs, stay away from shaving them. As mentioned previously, you need to grow your hair out a bit before getting them waxed again. So, you can disrupt this cycle if you shave in between the session. So, do not do that, no matter how tempting it is when you feel a slight stubble.
You might find this article interesting Antioxidant Rich Foods