Too much makeup not looks good in corporate environment but to look competent and professional is also very important. For day job you should always go for light makeup with a look that enhances your beauty
Studies have shown that women who wear make-up to work are more likely to get promoted.
Below there are some tips that you can use for your office makeup
Keep hair simple
If you have short hair, keep the open but if you have long hair consider pulling it back in a ponytail.
If you do not want to use hair spray everyday, a light dusting of it will keep flyaways at bay.
Don’t choose flashy hair accessories for office time
For a good professional image eep your hair out of your face at all costs, you can use bobby pins for this purpse
Face – apply light makeup
Daily in night before going to bed exfoliate chapped lips by scrubbing them with a warm, wet washcloth. Follow with a generous coating of lip balm and leave it.
In morning wash your face with cleanser, apply moisturizer. Now you need only concealer and powder. You need foundation only if you have blemishes or uneven skin tone
Wear lipstick, no need to apply lipgloss
Use eye shadows in neutral shades such as tan, brown, and cream.
Apply a thin line of smudged pencil eyeliner
Nails should be clean
Whether you have long or short nails, they should be neat
Apply nail paint. I prefer light colors
If you don’t have even nails, go and get manicure
Avoid strong fragrance
In office time avoid deodrants and perfumes with strong fragrance
Smile on face
All above makeup tricks can improve your beauty by 10%, smile will do rest 90% work.
Here are some simple tips of another attractive office look:
- Although there are no hard and fast rules that apply to make-up, you must make it a point to prepare your skin with a moisturizer before applying make-up.
- After that, apply a primer. A primer creates a thin barrier between your make-up and your skin and prevents dirt and dust from clogging your pores.
- Next up, apply a color corrector if you have dark under-eye circles. Use an orange color corrector if you have a medium to dark skin complexion, and use a peach color corrector if you have a medium to fair skin tone. Use a green color corrector to cover up any red or pink active pimple. If you just want a brightened skin tone then apply a lavender skin corrector all over your face.
- Dab it gently to blend it all in with a damp beauty blender. Now apply your foundation with a flat-top kabuki brush for an air-brushed look.
- Even after that if you need more coverage then apply a concealer that is closest to your natural skin tone on the problem areas. Now take a concealer that is 1 or 2 shades lighter than your natural skin-tone and make an inverted triangle on your under-eye area, draw a straight line on the bridge of your nose, and also your chin. Blend it all in with your beauty blender.
- It’s very important to lock your base make-up if you don’t want your foundation and concealer to conglomerate on your crease lines and make you look older than your age.
- Now its time to define your eyebrows with an eyebrow pomade.
- Apply a generous coat of mascara on your upper and lower eyelashes to define your eyes.
- Apply kohl to the inner and outer corner of your upper lash line for more definition.
- Take a peachy pink blush and apply it on the apple of your cheeks.
- At last, apply a nude lipstick to complete this look.