The neck is equally exposed to the sun as our face and also neck has thinner skin than the face. Therefore neck is especially vulnerable to problems like wrinkling and sagging from UV exposure and aging. I always suggest to take as much care of neck as you take care of your face.
Use an anti-aging cream on the neck too
Generally, we apply anti aging cream on the face only, if you also do the same from next time include neck too.
Wash your neck at least twice
Wash your neck each morning and night and apply moisturizer.
Apply sunscreen when going out
Apply sunscreen on the neck also that contains at least SPF 15. Sun damage is one of the prime causes of wrinkles, so keep yourself protected to prevent further ones from forming.
Exercise to reduce neck wrinkles
Give your neck an exercise workout. Keeping your neck muscles toned will help to prevent sagging skin and wrinkles.
1. Jut out your chin and move your lower jaw forward. Repeat ten times.
2. Look straight ahead. Now look up to the ceiling and hold for five seconds. Slowly return to your starting position. Repeat 20 times.
3. Form an ‘O’ with your mouth. Pull down the sides of your mouth until you feel the muscles underneath your neck working. Repeat this three times in quick succession. Build up to 20 sets of threes.
4. With your mouth open, pronounce the vowels A to U without closing your mouth at any time. Repeat ten times, three times in a row.
5. Press the tip of your tongue against your palate for a few seconds and release. Do this throughout the day. Make circles with your tongue when your mouth is closed, first in one direction then the other. Repeat often.
6. Place your lower lip over the top lip and hold for a few seconds. Repeat ten times.
Drink enough water
Because our skin loses its ability to retain moisture as we age, it is important to keep hydrated from within, by drinking water throughout the day and getting hydration from fruit and vegetables.
Keep yourself hydrated.
Some more effective tips:
- Try facial yoga to keep your chin and neck toned for a youthful look.
- Slather on a thick layer of extra virgin olive oil and massage it until it gets absorbed by your skin. Do it preferably at night for better results.
- Add a few drops of geranium essential oil to your regular facial lotion and massage it on your face neck every night before going to bed at night. You can also add geranium essential oil in your regular day cream and apply it on your neck for the best results.
- While applying an anti-aging face pack, don’t forget to apply it on your neck along with your face. If you want an instant anti-aging effect then take 1 tablespoon of mashed avocado pulp and mix it with 2 tablespoons of sweet almond oil to make a thick paste. Apply this paste all over your face and neck, keep it on for 30 minutes, wash off with plain water and follow up with a moisturizer. To get the best results, try this home remedy twice a week, preferably at night.
- Include more legumes, nuts, and fiber-rich food in your diet to get rid of toxins from your body.
- Don’t forget to apply sunscreen lotion on your neck as well to protect your skin from the harmful UV rays of the sun and keep the unsightly wrinkles at bay.
- While exfoliating your face with a scrub, do not forget your neck. Exfoliation helps in skin regeneration, hence you must exfoliate your skin at least once in a week to get satisfying results.
- Try the magic of milk cream. Take some milk cream and massage it on your face and neck for about 10-15 minutes every alternate day of the week to see the fine lines and creases in your neck diminish to a great extent.
- Take a multi-vitamin capsule to ensure that your skin is not deprived of vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin E. These vitamins should be consumed in moderation to keep the early signs of aging at bay.
Natural Remedies to treat wrinkles on the Neck
Now, in this section, we are going to look at a few natural ingredients and remedies which can help fight against the aging of the skin and help avoid and face any wrinkles on your neck. So, without further ado, let us dive into the natural remedies for getting rid of neck wrinkles:
Almonds are packed with vitamin E along with many other minerals and nutrients which are crucial for the heal the and regeneration of the skin. Thus, almonds can help keep the skin looking fresh and young and help prevent and fade any wrinkles on the skin. All in all, thanks to the rich presence of vitamin E, almond oil is a great ingredient to make the skin soft and supple. Follow the below-given steps to learn how to use almonds for this purpose:
- First of all, take 4-5 almonds and crush and grind them to obtain their powder.
- After that, mix it with some powder so that you can obtain a paste with a smooth consistency.
- Then, apply the resultant mixture all over your neck.
- Lastly, let the almonds’ paste stay on your neck for half an hour before you rinse it off. Use this treatment once every week to improve the tautness of the skin on your neck.
Pineapple is a delectable juicy fruit full of crucial nutrients and minerals. It is a rich source of vitamin C which is essential to keep the skin young and fresh looking as it is necessary for the production of collagen which is what grants the skin its elasticity and basically, its youth. So, consuming pineapple can have positive effects on the health of the skin. Follow the below-given steps to learn how to use pineapples to prevent and fade wrinkles on the neck:
- First of all, take a big slice of pineapple and then crush it or squeeze it to extract its juices.
- After that, apply the pineapple juice all over your neck using gentle massaging motions for about 5 minutes.
- Then, leave the pineapple juice on your skin for a bit and rinse it off after you feel like your skin is stretching or tightening. You should use this remedy once every week to help fight against the wrinkles on the neck.
Egg white provide proteins and essential nutrients to the skin which stimulate the regeneration and production of skin cells. Thus, it can help keep the skin youthful and supple. It has been noticed in studies that application of it can help promote the production of collagen in the skin which is essential for maintaining its elasticity and preventing any signs of premature aging. The steps on how to utilize it are detailed right ahead:
- First of all, crack open an egg and separate the whites from the yolk.
- After that, apply the white all over your neck and let it stay there for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Lastly, rinse it off using cool water and finish with a moisturizer and you are done!