Follow below steps to trim your own hair at home
Step 2. Lace your fingers through your hair. Pointer finger on the top, middle finger on bottom, and ring finger on top.
Step 3. Slowly slide your fingers down the hair and cut the split ends that pop out.
Step 4. When you get to the bottom, point cut the ends of your hair by cutting with just the tips of your scissors.
Step 5. No more split ends for you!
Experts tips to keep in mind while trimming your hair at home
Cut your hair while it’s dry.
Don’t expect perfection if you are cutting your own hair
Don’t try to use a mirror for trimming the back, cut only when you can see them
Use something like cuticle scissors or baby nail-trimming shears, with very small blades to cut your hair
If you are never satisfied with a hair cut in the salon, then it is time to take things in your hand now. You can certainly do it with the aplomb of a professional if you follow the tips and tricks listed down below. There is no particular hairstyle specified in this article, these guidelines come handy if you just want to trim your lovely locks:
- Wash your hair with shampoo and then use a conditioner to make sure that your hair is clean.
- Comb through your hair properly to detangle properly.
- Divide your hair into 4 sections.
- Secure each segregated section of hair with a dragon clip.
- Dampen the first section of hair on either side.
- Comb it through all over again.
- Now take a scissor and trim it down to an inch or so, looking at the mirror.
- Repeat the same process on the other side.
- If you are satisfied, then move on to the next section of your hair and keep repeating the process.
- Once you get a hang of it you can ace it like a professional.
There are certain things that you should avoid while chopping off your hair, in case you are planning to trim your hair at home, then do not make these mistakes:
- Cutting it in unequal lengths, well you need to decide beforehand how much of your hair are you going to trim.
- Always look into the mirror, straight while trimming your locks.
- Never use a trimmer or any other tool apart from a scissor to cut your hair.
- Always comb your hair and then cut your hair.
- Never cut your hair if it is not washed.
- Use a hair straightener first and then cut your hair, this way, the chances of cutting it to an unequal length will not be there.
- If you are planning to go for a hair spa at home, then do it after cutting your hair for a beautiful look.