• Normal coconut oil just helps keep the hair non-messy and neatly tied. But unlike the myth, it does not help grow hair.
• Many essential oils are applied and kept overnight to make hair really smooth and shiny. Almond oil is known for its good qualities and helps hair grow long faster and makes hair silky.
• Castor oil and Brahmi and amla oil are widely used in India especially in all traditional homes. Mustard oil too is widely used for its good hair enhancing characters.
• Indian women can also use tea oils; it is an excellent hair applicant. It makes hair glow and shimmer with a healthy shine.
• Indian women have a large variety of options to choose from to take care of their hair and maintain it.
• Many home made oils are used extensively by Indian women to maintain their hair long and strong. Regular usage of hard and strong shampoos must be avoided. Subjecting one’s hair to too many beauty parlor sessions for hair must be avoided. Subjecting the hair to a lot of blow-drying and straightening must be avoided.
• But coconut oil mixed with essential herbs and hibiscus and curry leaves makes hair real healthy and strong and black. They take care of pre-mature graying of the hair and keep them deep rooted.
• Amla powder, ritha and shikakai powder and bhringraj powder can be mixed along with curds and lemon can be used as cleansing agents.
• A mixture of lemon and curds and tea extracts can be used as hair masks and can be washed off using a good shampoo, using mild shampoos regularly to keep off dandruff and oily hair helps, but to avoid pre-mature graying only traditional ways of keeping hair healthy helps.
- Eat a healthy diet which includes foods which are rich in nutrients which support hair health. For example, skip junk food and unhealthy snacks, rather snack on nuts, cashews, coconuts and healthy stuff like that. These foods contain many nutrients which promote hair health and help enhance their growth. Thus, these can help you achieve long and strong hair.
- Do not wash your hair and scalp every day as that strips them of the natural oils which act as a barrier between the hair and outside world. Thus these natural oils help protect the hair from harmful external influences like dirt and pollution and stuff like that.
- Do not use combs with metal or plastic prongs, instead go for wooden ones as those work best on the hair. They do not create static with the hair and are gentler on the skin and do not cause damage to the follicles.
- Go for air-drying your hair instead of using a blow dryer. Air drying is much better for hair health and strength as using heat-based products on the hair weaken them and cause issues like breakage and hair fall.
- Get enough rest as that has effects on your looks all over the body. If you are not getting enough rest and tired all the time, your hair will also signify this state. They will look dry and dull and will be weaker and much more prone to breakage. So, get around 8 hours of sleep every day to get your rest. Also, try to be mindful of your mental state. High stress can also have significant detrimental effects on the hair and general health. So, look out for it and take deliberate steps to combat it, like indulging in your hobbies, taking a vacation, and employing tactics like massages, aromatherapy, etc. If you are healthy from the inside it will be apparent on the outside as well.
- Instead of hot showers, take cold ones as those are better for hair as cold water can close the cuticles of the hair and eliminate stuff like frizz and help maintain the health and integrity of the hair strands. Rinsing hair with cold water will give them a sleek and shiny look whereas washing them with warm water dries them out which can undo the work of conditioners, etc.
Henna, Brahmi, and Amla Home Remedy for Long and Strong Hair
- Henna powder: 1 cup
- Amla powder: 3 tbsp
- Brahmi powder: 5-10 tbsp
- First of all, combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and add some water so that you can obtain a smooth paste-like consistency in the mixture. You can adjust the quantity of the water to achieve the desired consistency.
- After that, once you have obtained a nice and creamy mask, apply it all over your hair and scalp thoroughly and make sure to cover them wholly.
- Lastly, leave the mask on your head for about half an hour before rinsing it off using lukewarm water and you are done!
- Use this great remedy once every week to improve the health of your hair significantly and make them stronger, longer, and shinier. This remedy will treat your hair and scalp to so many beneficial nutrients that will help elevate your hair to gorgeous and enviable levels.
Homemade Reetha and Shikakai Natural Shampoo
- Shikakai pods: 10 grams
- Reetha berry: 10 grams
- Amla pieces: 5 grams
- First of all, take all the ingredients in a pot or pan and add 3/4 liters of water to it as well. Keep the mixture as is for 8 hours to soak the ingredients.
- After that, place the mixture on heat and bring it to a boil. Once it has started boiling, turn down the heat a little bit and let the mixture boil for 5-15 minutes. Err on the longer side for better results.
- Then, remove the mixture from the heat and let it sit for a bit until it cools down to room temperature. Then, crush up the ingredients with your hands in there.
- Finally, strain the mixture to get the shampoo. You can create this in a big batch and store it in your refrigerator. Alternately, you can also freeze the shampoo into ice cubes and use them whenever you are washing your hair.
You can use this homemade natural shampoo 2 or 3 times in a week to promote your hair health and make them longer and stronger. This shampoo won’t lather much but you don’t have to worry about that as it still will enhance your hair health significantly.
You might find this article interesting Shikakai Powder, Benefits & Uses, Home Remedies