Generally eating is related with gaining weight but it might sound counter intuitive but there are some foods you can eat to loose your weight. Here are the top 5 foods that you should eat to loose weight soon.
1. Mango: Mango is probably the most liked food in our country, be it children, women, men , young & old every one loves mango, now apart from other benefits of eating this fruit, it is reportedly one of the best fruits to eat to loose weight.
An animal study reported that the addition of freeze-dried mango to a high-fat diet helped prevent body fat accumulation and lowered blood sugar and insulin levels. In a paper published in “The Journal of Nutrition and Food Sciences” used national food intake data and reported adult mango eaters had higher levels of nutrients such as potassium and fiber, and they weighed lesser than non-mango eaters.
So there you go there is one more very strong reason to eat mango’s be it directly as a fruit or as smoothie, it’s your wish.
2. Apple: We have all heard this saying “Apple a day , keeps the doctor away”, but now it is also said “Apple a day, keeps obesity also away”.
In a research it is found that when animals were given obesity causing high calorie diet, the supplementation of apples or apple juice prevented the fat to keep piling on.
3. Spices: It is already well known that spices and herbs are calorie free foods and are rich in anti-oxidants, recently a controlled experiment found that subjects who received cinnamon supplements daily reduced their Body Mass Index compared to others, in an another study it is found that cayenne pepper has metabolism boosting effects on body , thus increasing weight loss.
Knowing how helpful the spices are you can now happily make your curry spicy to cut little more fat away.
4. Fish: The benefits of eating fish cannot be over emphasized, apart from the omega-3’s that boost your overall health, the protein in the fish is best alternative to chicken or beef. It is widely known that protein satisfies hunger better than fats or carbohydrates but fish serves the best choice of protein as fish satiates better than even chicken or beef.
5. Tea: In a study published in “American Journal of Clinical Nutrition”, it is reported that tea contains bio active compounds called polyphenols, which boosts metabolism and burns fat, and that people drinking tea are found to have lower BMIs and waist-to-hip ratios and less body fat compared to the people who don’t.
For better health benefits, it is suggested that you don’t have chai tea, but have black tea or green tea.
6. Eat vegetables that are rich in dietary fiber: Include more legumes, pulses, fruits like oranges, pears, melons, and berries every day. Try to consume vegetables like carrots, sweetcorn, and broccoli that are rich in dietary fibers at least twice a week. Consuming these food items will improve your metabolism and your body can eliminate the unhealthy fat fast and easily and help you get back in shape. However, you need to follow this religiously and not cheat on it to get effective results.
7. Eggs: Eggs make for one of the most popular food sources around the world. They are extremely nourishing and satiating to the body. People usually skip this, or at least the yolk, if they want to lose weight but actually, eggs can be a boon for people looking to lose their excess weight in a healthy way. It was proven in a study that eggs fill up the body more than other foods and hence suppresses hunger pangs and keeps you satiated and full for longer. In the study, people who ate eggs for breakfast ate lesser food throughout the day which helped them lose their excess weight. Other than all this, it is a terrific source of essential proteins and nutrients for the body.
8. Almonds: Munching on almonds can help you a lot in losing weight. That is because almonds are packed with mono and polyunsaturated fats which can help keep the body slim and fit by curbing the cholesterols levels in the body. Moreover, almonds themselves have a minuscule amount of calories when compared to other similar nuts. Furthermore, it is a rich source of vitamin E and fiber which helps improve the digestive system. You can utilize these by adding them onto your salads or smoothie and stuff. The best way to use these for weight loss is to replace almonds for whatever junk or unhealthy snack you like to eat.
9. Broccoli: Dietary fiber content of broccoli is terrific for people who are looking to lose weight. It helps improve the digestion to improve metabolism. Hence, it is quite an effective food source for helping with weight loss. Eating it raw is great and provides the essential nutrients intact. Alternatively, you can also add this to your other dishes, as it really goes along great with pretty much anything due to its mild leafy taste.
10. Pumpkins: Pumpkins are great for weight loss, in fact, their properties and contents make it one of the best for this purpose. Pumpkins are packed to the brim with essential minerals, vitamins, and nutrients, along with lots of fiber. Moreover, it is also a rich source of the antioxidant beta-carotene. Even after all this goodness, pumpkins are quite low in calorie content. Hence, they provide a lot of the essential nutrients the body needs while also not overloading the body with calories. And this food also comes with a bonus feature, when using pumpkins, people generally throw away the seeds, but you definitely don’t need to do that as they are also extremely healthy actually. The pumpkin seeds are packed with protein, fiber, iron, copper, magnesium, manganese, and phosphorous, as well as potassium, zinc, selenium, folate, niacin, and amino acids arginine and glutamic acid. All in all, they provide tons of beneficial nutrients and their poly and mono-unsaturated fat content helps to improve the metabolism and consequently burn more fat.
You might find this article interesting Kiwi Benefits For Skin, Hair And Health