Winter is a great season. Solely because you need to face the sun and the temperature around is cool. But it takes its toll on the body. If you do not take proper care than your skin will become dry. And the cold and dry air will also leave you with a broken hair and flaky scalp. The best solution to avoid this is to use hot olive oil.
Here is how you use olive oil to keep your hairs nourished throughout the winter:
- Take a double boiler and properly heat the oil until it becomes hot. For this, take one or two tablespoon of olive oil if you want hair as well its ends to be properly moisturized.
- Now, massage your hair with this oil for 5-10 minutes deeply into your scalp. Use a shower cap to wrap it around your hair, so that the oil can be properly soaked in for more than 30 minutes. (If your hairs are really damaged then you can leave the oil overnight, but this be a bit messy.)
- The massage you do into your scalp with the hot oil will increase the circulation of blood, particularly in the head. This will, in turn, promote the hair growth and will keep it healthy.
- Before you use the shampoo to keep the oil out, comb your hair with a wide-tooth comb. This will make the styling and combing which will be done afterwards, easier.
- Shampoo your hair and condition it properly as you usually do. You might have to shampoo your hair twice, but this will depend on how much amount of oil you have applied.
- Use a towel to properly dry up your hair.
- If you want the best results, then repeat this process once or twice in a week.
- When you are done with the shower, take a little amount (dime size) of either olive oil or coconut oil in your hands and apply it to your hair. But remember to do this process when your hairs are slightly damp.
- Take a very small amount of olive oil probably one or two drops in your hand. Then rub your palms together and use your finger as a comb to get rid of all the frizzy, dry hair so that your hair gets a natural shine.
How does this work?
Olive oil can be the best treatment for hair during winter. Probably more for the fine hair as they start to look dull during winter and they may also begin to break during the same period. For this olive oil is the perfect treatment. Olive oil is thick enough to moisturize the hair locks and it won’t leave your hair overly greasy whenever you wash it out. The proportion of omega 3 in olive oil is very high which is very helpful in making your hair shiny and healthy. You may also start to feel your hair grow thicker. Hot olive oil also keeps the moisture in your scalp intact. You will feel your tresses softer and the roots of your hair will get more than enough nourishment.
You might find this article interesting Mayonnaise Hair Treatment