Every girl wishes to have luscious pink lips but most of us have dark lips. Generally, we don’t care about lips because it is very easy to hide their darkness behind lipstick but now no more. Your lips will again become naturally pink, they just need a little bit of care. Here are a few tips that will help you in regaining the luscious pink color of your lips:
Scrub your lips:
Exfoliating your lips is an absolute must.
DIY Baking-soda lip scrub recipe
- Manuka honey: 1 tablespoon
- Baking soda: 1 tablespoon
- Use a mixture of one tablespoon each of honey and baking soda.
- Leave the mixture on your lips for 10 minutes before washing it off with warm water.
- If you want soft, pink and glowing lips then use this lip balm every alternate day of the week.
DIY Pink lip scrub recipe
- Castor sugar: 4 teaspoons
- Extra virgin olive oil: 1/2 teaspoon
- Vanilla extracts: 1/2 teaspoon
- Red food colorant: 2-4 drops (optional)
- Take all the ingredients in the specified quantities in a container.
- Mix it well until you achieve a clumpy, sugary coarse scrub.
- Make sure that your lips are squeaky clean before applying using this lip scrub.
- Take a tad bit of this scrub and exfoliate in small circular strokes with a light hand.
- Rinse it off with running tap water.
- Pat dry your lips with a clean towel.
- Apply a hydrating lip balm afterwards.
- Use this lip balm twice a week to get the best results.
DIY Brown-sugar lip scrub recipe
- Brown sugar: 10 teaspoons
- Extra virgin olive oil: 2 teaspoons
- Lemon juice: juice of half a lemon
- Take a mixing bowl.
- Add brown sugar and olive oil in it.
- Mix it well.
- At last, squeeze the juice of half a lemon in this mixture.
- Give it a good stir to make sure that everything gets mixed up well.
- Wipe your lips with micellar water.
- Take a little bit of this scrub.
- Gently exfoliate your lips in small, circular strokes for a while.
- Rinse it off with running tap water.
- Follow up with a hydrating lip balm at last.
- To reap the maximum benefits use this lip balm twice a week.
Use a lip pack:
DIY Simple sugar lip mask recipe
- Sugar: 1 tablespoon
- Water: 1/2 tablespoon
- Take one tablespoon of sugar and mix it with half a tablespoon of water.
- Gently scrub your lips with this mix to remove dead cells and then leave it on for five minutes to brighten the natural color of your lips.
- You can use this lip scrub twice a week to get soft, pink lips.
DIY Intensely moisturizing lip mask recipe
- Lanolin: 2.3 grams
- Hexane free castor oil: 2 grams
- Beeswax 1.5 grams
- Jojoba oil: 1.5 grams
- Coquina oil: 1 gram
- Shea butter: 1 gram
- Carnauba wax: 0.4 grams
- Carmine dye: 0.1 grams
- Vitamin E oil: 0.05 grams
- Peppermint essential oil: 0.05grams
- Hyaluric (contains hyaluronic acid): 0.01 grams
- Add the specified quantities of lanolin, castor oil, beeswax, jojoba oil, coquina oil, shea butter and carnauba wax in a mixing bowl.
- Use the double boiler set up to melt everything properly.
- Let it boil for 30 minutes at a stretch.
- After that, when everything turns into a golden yellow liquid, and the mixture cools down a bit, add in all the other ingredients.
- Give it a good stir to ensure that everything gets mixed up well.
- Transfer the contents in an airtight container.
- Cleanse your lips before applying this lip mask.
- Pat dry your lips with a clean face towel.
- Take a little bit of this intensely hydrating lip mask.
- Apply it on your lips.
- Keep it overnight.
- Wash it off the next morning with running tap water.
- Use this lip mask every night before hitting the bed if you have chaffed and dried lips.
DIY Peel off beetroot lip-mask recipe
- Beetroot: 1
- Unflavored gelatin powder: 2 teaspoons
- Pure glycerin: half a teaspoon
- Warn water: 2 teaspoons
- Peel and cut the beetroot.
- Transfer the contents in a blender.
- Blender it into a smooth paste.
- Now, extract beetroot juice from this paste with the help of a strainer.
- Take 2 teaspoons of beetroot juice in a container followed by 2 teaspoons of unflavored gelatin powder and warm water.
- Mix it well, if you find lumps, then use the double boiler to melt it properly.
- Add glycerin and give it a good stir to make sure that everything gets mixed up well.
- Wipe your lips with a cotton ball dipped in water to make sure its squeaky clean before using this lip peel-off mask.
- Then use this mask on your lips.
- Wait until it dries up completely, then peel it off just like any other peel-off mask.
- Follow up with a deeply moisturizing lip balm.
- If you want to get beautiful, pink lips, then use this lip balm twice a week.
DIY Lemon lip toner recipe
- Lemon juice: 5drops
- Glycerine: 1 drop
- Take five drops of lemon juice and mix it with one drop of glycerine.
- As the last thing before going to bed, dab this mix on your lips, let it dry for 15 minutes, rinse with cold water.
- Your lips will become soft, supple and will get a healthy sheen.
- This lip mask can be used twice a week to get the best results.
Just like your face, you need to moisturize your lips, and for that, it is mandatory to use a lip balm to keep them soft and supple all year round.
DIY Beetroot lip balm recipe
- Beetroot: 1
- Extra virgin coconut oil: 1/2 teaspoon
- Vaseline petroleum jelly: 1 teaspoon
- Vitamin E capsules: 3
- Peel and grate the beetroot.
- Extract beetroot juice from it.
- Now take all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Give it a good stir to make sure everything gets mixed up well.
- Transfer the contents in an empty lip balm container.
- Refrigerate it overnight to make your own lip balm.
- Use this lip balm whenever your lips are in an intense need of hydration.