The oldest and most useful part of a plant. The king of tubers. The cure to so many of mankind’s problems. Turmeric is one of the oldest known tubers that has been used to cure so many infections and diseases. It is an excellent antibiotic and is also used in cooking.
From adding taste, flavour and colour in your food to keeping you healthy inside and out, turmeric is easily one of the most useful ingredients in our day to day life.
It is no surprise that we can use if for improving our skin. It can be used to clear acne, acne marks, pimples, scars, bruises etc.,
It has multiple good properties in it that can be used for multiple purposes to our benefits. On that note, today we will narrow down one use of turmeric and see how we can achieve it using various methods.
Cleansing is an important task to be done for your skin to be smooth and flawless. Turmeric is an excellent choice for cleansing. Let us quickly jump into the recipes at hand.
#1 Cleansing with Milk
Milk and turmeric are the most basic and easiest packs you can use for cleansing your skin. They can remove dirt and all dead tissues from the skin giving it a glow and light.
• 4 tablespoons of Turmeric powder
• 1 tablespoon of Milk
• 4 tablespoons of Raw Honey
1. Take a bowl and add all the ingredients in it.
2. Mix them all together by continuous stirring.
3. Make sure they form a nice paste with a consistency good enough to stick on the face.
4. Leave this smooth paste on the refrigerator to cool.
5. Before applying the paste, make sure your face is clean. Wash it with a simple shower gel or baby soap.
6. Do not use a face wash that has loads of chemicals in it as it might block out the effects of the pack.
7. After the shower, take some hot water, dip a cloth in it and pat in all over the face to bring out the acne, dirt and dead cells to the top of the pores.
8. Use clean fingers to apply the paste all over your face in a gentle circular massaging motion.
9. Leave it on for 30-45 minutes.
10. Once it becomes dry and stiff on your face wash it off with Luke warm water and splash cold water to close the pores.
11. Repeat it twice a week to get best results.
#2 Cleansing with Orange Peel Powder
Orange and Turmeric have amazing properties in them that are most ideal to remove the skin from scars, wounds, cuts and acne marks. Their antiseptic, anti-bacterial and anti-oxidant properties are the best in town to renew your skin and give it an amazing glow. The Vitamin C in orange especially is most suitable for all skin care. It can exfoliate, protect from sun and lighten the skin.
• 2 tablespoons of Raw turmeric powder
• 1 Orange
1. Take an orange and remove the peel.
2. Let it dry for a while until it becomes crisp enough to become powder in easy ways.
3. Grind it well to get a fine powder.
4. Take a bowl and add turmeric powder and orange peel powder in it.
5. Mix them well and voila!
6. The cleanser is ready.
7. To apply the powder as a paste, take the required amount and add some rose water or milk according to your need and mix it well to make it a paste.
8. Once a smooth paste is achieved apply it all over your face using clean fingers in a circular massage motion.
9. Leave it on for 20-30 minutes.
10. After it becomes dry on your face, wash it off with Luke warm water and splash cold water to close the pores.
#3 Cleansing with Yogurt
Yoghurt is very different from milk although it comes from it. The amazing transformation gives it certain amazing properties as well. It contains probiotics that help to destroy bad bacteria. The zinc and lactic acid present in it can provide exfoliation. This enhances the nourishment of your skin. It is very suitable for dry skin as it can improve the dryness giving a smooth skin. When combined with Turmeric it can reduce tan and spots giving you a skin free of blemishes.
• 1 tablespoon of Plain yoghurt
• 2 tablespoons of Turmeric
• 1/2 tablespoon of Raw honey
1. Take a bowl and add yoghurt, turmeric powder and mix it well.
2. Add some honey to this mixture and stir them all well until they form a nice paste.
3. One can add few teaspoons of lemon juice to this mixture, however, it is not compulsory to add it.
4. Mix them all well to form a smooth paste.
5. Apply it all over your face using clean fingers in a circular massage motion.
6. Leave it on for 20-30 minutes.
7. After it becomes dry on your face, wash it off with Luke warm water and splash cold water to close the pores.
8. Repeat it twice a week to get best results.
#4 Cleansing with Aloe Vera Gel
The fanciest mask of them all. It is easy nevertheless. Do not worry. Aloe Vera has anti-inflammatory property in it that is most suitable to cure of your skin off burns and tans. It has a cooling property that enhances this remedy. It also adds moisture to your skin upon regular use and can prevent further tanning and sunburns. It is also ideal for curing acne, spots and pimples because of its anti-oxidant property. It is no surprise that it can be combined with Turmeric to achieve all this and more.
• Turmeric Powder
• 1 tablespoon of Aloe Vera Gel
• 1 teaspoon of Honey
• Few drops of Rosewater (Optional)
1. Take a bowl and add turmeric powder and Aloe Vera gel in it.
2. Add few drops of honey to this and mix them well.
3. Add rose water if required to make a smooth paste.
4. Apply it all over your face using clean fingers in a circular massage motion.
5. Leave it on for 20-30 minutes.
6. After it becomes dry on your face, wash it off with Luke warm water and splash cold water to close the pores.
7. Repeat it twice a week to get best results.
Four of the most efficient and easiest cleanser that can be made at almost no expense is now at your fingertips, take them all and let us know how it worked for you in the comments section below.
You might find this article interesting Garlic Face Pack To Get Rid Of Dark Spots