Aloe Vera is not like your typical garden plant. Inside the thick outer green layer, this plant contains a gel whose list of benefits would require another article altogether. It is a repository for proteolytic enzymes, amino acids, and several other components whose sole purpose is to maintain your health and well-being. These elements play their part in the treatment of hairs as well. Strengthening the scalp, curing dandruff, giving shine to the hair, and preventing split ends is just the tip of the iceberg of things that Aloe Vera can do. Here are 5 home remedies that incorporate Aloe Vera into your hair.
Honey and Aloe Vera
- Aloe Vera Gel – 5 Tablespoons
- Coconut Oil – 3 Tablespoons
- Honey – 2 Tablespoons
- Put together all the ingredients in a bowl and mix them well to make a smooth thick paste.
- Apply this paste on your scalp gradually working down towards the tip of the hair as it is the most damaged part of our hair.
- Cover your head with a shower cap for about 20-25 minutes to let the mixture settle in.
- Wash off the paste by taking a cold water shower and using a mild shampoo followed by a conditioner.
- Repeat this remedy once a week to keep your hairs moisturized and hydrated.
Honey and coconut oil are a great combination for locking the moisture to the scalp and hair shafts. It keeps the hairs hydrated for a long time. They condition the hair, maintain them, and improves their health so that your hair looks shinier than ever.
Onion and Aloe Vera
- Onion – 4
- Aloe Vera Gel – 1 Tablespoon
- Peel and cut the onions into medium sized pieces.
- Blend the onions together in a blender to make a smooth puree. Extract the juice from this puree by using a strain or a cheesecloth.
- Add a tablespoon Aloe Vera gel to the onion juice and mix them properly.
- Massage your scalp for 5 minutes with this paste then spread it evenly throughout the length of the hair until it is dripping with liquid.
- Leave the paste on the hair to dry for about an hour or so before proceeding to the next step.
- Rinse your hair using a mild shampoo and conditioner.
- Use this onion juice once a week prevents hair fall.
This remedy is especially useful for hair fall and slow hair growth. It is a quite intense hair treatment which promotes hair regrowth and prevents hair fall. Onion juice stimulates the dormant hair follicles on our scalp and allows them to grow longer and stronger. Using this mask regularly will leave you with long and thick flawless hair.
Lemon and Aloe Vera
- Lemon – 1
- Aloe Vera Gel – 2 Tablespoons
- Extract the juice from one big lemon and remove the seeds from it.
- Add a couple tablespoons of Aloe Vera gel in the juice and then mix both the ingredients together to make a fine smooth paste.
- Spread the paste all over your hair, including the scalp, and massage it for 5-10 minutes.
- Allow the paste to nourish your hair for 20 minutes or until it dries completely.
- Wash off the paste with a mild sulfate-free shampoo and lukewarm water.
- Repeat this remedy twice a week to promote hair growth.
Lemon juice is a great source of citric acid and vitamin C, both of which are essential for collagen synthesis. This, in turn, promotes faster hair growth. Lemon also maintains the optimum pH level for the proper maintenance and health of our scalp.
Apple Cider Vinegar and Aloe Vera
- Aloe Vera Gel – 1 Cup
- Apple Cider Vinegar – 2 Tablespoons
- Honey – 1 Tablespoon
- Put a couple tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a cup full of aloe vera gel and mix them well to make a smooth consistent mixture.
- Add a tablespoon honey to the mixture to make the scent of apple cider vinegar a little.
- Apply the mixture starting from the scalp region, going down till the end. Massage your hair for 5-10 minutes to evenly distribute the mixture.
- Cover your hair with a towel or a shower cap for about 15 minutes.
- Use a mild shampoo to wash off the mixture from your hair.
- You should use this homemade remedy once in every other week for the best results.
Apple Cider Vinegar is like a complete hair treatment on its own. It deals with issues like dandruff, improves the health of your hair and also controls the scalp irritation. It boosts hair growth by keeping the hair follicles healthy and nourished.
Fenugreek and Aloe Vera
- Fenugreek Seeds – 2 Tablespoons
- Aloe Vera Gel – 2 Tablespoons
- Put the fenugreek seeds in a cup of boiled water and leave it to soak overnight.
- Strain the water from the seeds in the morning and then grind the fenugreek seeds to get a thick smooth paste.
- Add two tablespoon aloe vera gel to the paste and then mix both the ingredients together.
- Apply this paste evenly all over your hair and then leave it for half an hour.
- Take a cold water shower to remove the paste from your hairs. Follow up with a mild shampoo and conditioner.
- Repeat this procedure just once a week to get rid of dandruff.
Fenugreek is one of the best ingredients to treat dandruff and condition the hair. It adds moisture to the scalp and prepares the scalp foundation for the healthy growth of hair.