If you are as surprised as me after reading the title, then this article is going to super useful and surprising for you. We all know dosa batter. At least, the south Indians. Dosa is the staple food in most households. But the lesser to the almost unknown fact is that this dosa batter can be used on the skin to get a fair complexion.
No, your face won’t get spoiled and you need not do much to get this remedy done. Just one big task and you are done.
The task is to make the batter. One must not buy readymade ones because then the whole point is lost due to the preservatives and chemicals added. Let us see how to make dosa batter at home. Even if you don’t apply the pack, you can always have some nice, hot and delicious dosas.
- Take a cup of rice and wash it.
- Do the same for one cup of Idly rice.
- Take half a cup of urad dal and add to the idly rice.
- Furthermore, add 3 tablespoons of toor dal and channa dal as well.
- Add the washed rice to the idly rice mix.
- Soak them all in water for about three hours.
- Once soaked well, drain the water and grind the ingredients well.
- Add water in-between to get a smooth paste. But not too smooth. Try to get the feel and texture of a scrub.
- Once the grinding is done, take a batter in a separate cloth and add 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Leave the batter closed with a lid, outside to ferment for about 12 hours or overnight.
- You can use a vessel bigger than actually required as the batter can ferment well and would need space.
- The batter is ready, make yourselves dosa, no problem.
How to use as pack
- Once there is enough batter to apply on your skin, leave it to sour for 2-3 days.
- After this, clean our face to apply the batter.
- Apply the batter on your face, neck and other exposed areas using clean fingers.
- Leave it be for about 15-20 minutes.
- Wash it off later with warm water and splash cold water to close the pores.
- If you have dry skin, add honey to the batter while applying.
- As making the batter can be a big task, this mask can be applied once in a week.
The rice in the batter can help tighten skin, reduce wrinkles etc., The different dals present act as a scrub on the face helping in the removal of dead skin cells and impurities. A clean, pollution free, tightened skin is fair and looks younger than ever.
Do try this at home and let us know about your experience in the comments section below.