Olive oil is one such ingredient that is found in most Indian households. It can be used for cooking as well as for topical application. Olive oil can be used as a moisturizer and also used in moderate amounts in your face pack recipes to get soft, smooth and glowing skin. I have listed down a few ways in which you can make use of olive oil to naturally brighten your skin
Olive oil as a facial cleanser
Olive oil softens and moisturizes your skin naturally, making it an effective cleanser for dry skin. If you want to scrub and remove dead skin cells to brighten your facial tone, tighten pores and lift wrinkles, add a gently abrasive element, such as sugar or salt:
How to make a cleansing scrub with extra virgin olive oil:
- Mix 1/2 cup of olive oil with 1 tbsp. of sea salt.
- Use all over the body, including your face.
- For a moisturizing scrub, mix 1/4 cup of granulated sugar with 1 tbsp. of either grated cucumber, aloe vera juice or mashed avocado.
- Drizzle in enough olive oil to make a smooth paste, then scrub gently into your face and rinse off.
Olive oil as a face mask
This face pack will rejuvenate your skin from deep within:
How to make a face mask with extra virgin olive oil:
- Mix 1 tsp. of oil with 1 tsp. of honey and single egg yolk.
- Stir until smooth, then apply gently to your face and neck.
- Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Rinse in lukewarm water, and gently pat your face dry.
- Some oil will remain to moisturize your skin.
Olive oil as a moisturizer
Moisturization is the key if you want blemish-free skin:
How to make a moisturizer with extra virgin olive oil:
- You can apply extra virgin olive oil directly to your skin as a moisturizer.
- Olive oil’s chemical distribution is similar to the skin’s own natural oil, or sebum.
- It softens and smoothes your skin, leaving it supple while locking in moisture.
- In addition, olive oil is high in antioxidants and can stimulate the production of collagen and elastin.
- For an olive oil emulsion, mix equal parts oil and water with a hand-held frother, or apply oil to the skin while it is still moist.
Olive oil as a night cream
Night creams are very essential as your skin repairs itself at night:
How to make a night cream with extra virgin olive oil:
- Make your own night cream to leave your skin glowing and lighten discolorations.
- Mix 1/2 cup of olive oil with 1/4 cup of vinegar and 1/4 cup of water.
- Splash water on your face then leave the mixture over your skin.
- Apply before hitting the bed, and leave it on all night.
- The water will rehydrate your skin, while the olive oil softens and moisturizes; vinegar lightens discolorations, loosens skin tags and kills bacteria.
Olive oil a skin whitener
An uneven skin tone is something that nobody likes, hence this face mask recipe to your rescue:
How to make a skin whitening face pack with olive oil:
- If you want an even skin tone then use this mild face pack.
- It is hassle-free and you can replace your face cream if you use this concoction regularly.
- To make this skin whitening face cream, keep 1/2 cup of olive oil, a quarter cup vinegar, and quarter cup purified water handy.
- Pour in everything in the specified quantities in an airtight container.
- Shake it well to make sure that everything gets mixed up.
- After cleansing your face with a mild face wash, pat dry your skin with a towel.
- Take a little bit of this mixture on your finger-tips.
- Warm it up by rubbing it with your fingers for a while.
- Apply it all over your face and neck in small circular strokes with a light hand.
- Keep it on overnight.
- To get the best results, use this mixture every night.
Olive oil as a moisturizing face mask
Face masks dry out your skin most of the times, but this face mask does just the opposite of it.
How to make a moisturizing face mask with olive oil:
- If your skin usually feels dry or flaky after using a face pack.
- This is completely organic and free from harsh chemical compounds.
- Just mix a tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil, a tablespoon of warmed manuka honey and a beaten egg in a mixing bowl.
- Your face pack is ready.
- Wipe your face with micellar water before applying this face pack to make sure that it is squeaky clean.
- After that, take a generous amount of this face pack on your face pack applicator.
- Apply it evenly all over your face and neck.
- Keep it on for about 30 minutes on the go.
- Then wash it off with running tap water.
- Pat dry your face with a clean towel.
- Spritz on a hydrating facial mist to complete this skincare regime.
- Let it dry out on its own.
- Use this face pack twice a week to get the best results.
Olive oil as a pore minimizing face mask
Shrink those enlarged skin pores with this hassle-free face pack.
How to make a pore minimizing face mask with olive oil:
- If you have oily skin then chances are that you may suffer from enlarged skin pores.
- If these skin pores are not taken care of at the right time, then it may result in blackheads, whiteheads, and acne.
- If you do not want to suffer from these skin conditions then try out this super-easy face pack at least once in a week at the comfort of your home.
- Take an egg white, a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, half a tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice and a little oat flakes in a mixing bowl.
- Whip up everything until you achieve a face pack like consistency.
- Wipe your face with a wet wipe before applying this face pack to make sure that your skin is squeaky clean.
- Take a generous amount of this face pack on your face pack applicator.
- Apply it evenly all over your face and neck.
- Keep it on for 15 minutes at a stretch.
- Rinse it off with normal running tap water.
- Apply a toner.
- Follow up with your creamy moisturizer.
You might find this article interesting Wrinkles On Forehead, Remedies To Get Rid Of Them