How to use red lentils for skin whitening
Red lentils also known as masoor dal is a variety of Indian pulses which is highly rich in protein. It has been widely used for skin whitening, removal of sun tan, removal of unwanted facial hair and dead cells from the skin. This dal can be used to prepare either a body scrub or a face pack which can be used twice in a week in order to get beautiful and glowing skin.
This face pack helps to smoothen the skin by rendering off the dead skin layer thus exfoliating the skin. There are various assortment of face packs which can be made using red lentils .Red lentils can also be mixed with other herbs, thus infusing the healing properties of both. This face pack helps to get a healthy, beautiful looking skin thus removing tan, blemishes, pimples, acne and oily skin.
How to powder red lentils:
The red lentils can be powdered by following the below mentioned simple steps:
1. Take a cup of red lentils and pour it in the grinder.
2. Grind the masoor dal till the dal granules are grinded down to powder.
3. Store this powder in an air tight container and use it as and when required.
4. Check the powder before using it during monsoons as the moisture and humidity might spoil it.
1.Red lentils Face Pack with yogurt and besan
Red lentils has been used since decades for skin whitening. This face pack helps to get a brighter, healthier and a glowing skin.
The face pack can be made by following the below mentioned steps:
- A tablespoon of yoghurt, besan and red lentil powder is mixed along with half a teaspoon of turmeric.
- Wash your face and apply this face pack on the skin. After the pack dries, wash it off using a scrubbing motion with either lukewarm water or cold water.
This pack helps to remove the dead skin layer from the face thus giving a radiating and beautiful skin. It also helps to remove sun tan and acne.
2.Red Lentils soaked in water
Take approximately 3 to 4 tablespoons of masoor dal and soak it in water. This should be left overnight. Grind this soaked red lentils the following morning in order to obtain a paste.
Apply this face pack as and when required in order to get a glowing and scar free skin. Apply it twice or thrice every week for better results.
3.Milk and masoor dal
Mix 4 tablespoons of milk along with 2 tablespoons of masoor dal powder in order to get a thick paste. Apply this face pack twice a week to get better results. This paste helps to remove sun tan and a blemish free skin.
4.Red lentils with honey
People with dry skin have to undergo a lot of complications during summer. This is a face pack to remove the flakiness of the skin and keep it moisturized.
The pack can be made using the following steps:
- A teaspoon of Red lentils powder is mixed along with a teaspoon of honey.
- Apply this paste on the face and leave it to dry for 10 -15 minutes.
- Wash off the paste with water whilst massaging your face in a circular motion. This helps to exfoliate the skin by removing the dead cells from the skin.
This skin lightening face pack helps to provide a natural glow to the skin.
5.Red Lentils scrub
The red lentils scrub can be made using the following steps:
1. Mix 2 tablespoons of milk with 3 tablespoons of red lentil powder in a bowl.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of sandalwood powder and orange peel powder in the above mixture.
3. Pour the content in a blender to obtain a paste.
This paste can be applied once a week to remove the dead cells from the skin and also remove unwanted hair.
This scrub deeply cleanses and nourishes the skin thus giving it a brighter look and a smooth texture.
6.Red lentils with Marigold flowers
This unique mixture of marigold flowers along with red lentils is a very effective method to curb down the skin problems. The marigold helps to improve the quality of the skin by removing flaky skin and moistening it .This mixture helps to remove scars from the skin due to acne.
Follow the following steps to prepare the paste:
- Add 2 tablespoons of red lentils powder along with a tablespoon of marigold flower paste in rose water to obtain a thick paste.
- Apply this pack on the face and leave it for 15 minutes.
Wash off the mixture by gently scrubbing it with lukewarm water.
7.Red Lentils scrub with Milk
This scrub helps to exfoliate the skin and provides a smooth and radiating texture to it .
- Mix 3 tablespoons of red lentils powder with 2 tablespoons of raw milk and add the skin of a few almonds to it.
- Mix well and use as a body as well as face scrub.
8.Red Lentils, Honey and Chickpea Flour
Honey along with red lentils acts as a magic potion.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of red lentils powder along with 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Add 2 tablespoons of chickpea flour to the mixture.
- Apply this paste twice a week to obtain a fresh looking and glowing skin.
Hope this article has been helpful for you. Stay tuned for more beauty and health related articles. Stay beautiful, stay healthy!