Nature has provided us with several homemade and easily available ingredients like salt that have turned out to be effective in gaining gorgeous skin. Salt is a natural ally of the skin as it restores, protects and balances its pH. There are a variety of salts available in market and people can use the variants according to the demand of recipe.
Salt + Raw Honey
- Take two tsp of sea salt in a glass bowl. If you do not have sea salt you can take the normal variant which we have at our home.
- Add four tsp of raw honey and mix it to create a fine paste.
- Wash your face beforehand.
- Take a brush and apply it evenly. Make sure you are avoiding the area in and around the eyes as it is sensitive to salt.
- Leave it for fifteen minutes.
- Take a soft washcloth, soak it in warm water and squeeze it off excess water.
- Lie down and place it on your face for thirty to forty seconds.
- Now remove it and gently rub and massage in circular motion to exfoliate for few minutes.
- Rinse it away with lukewarm water.
- You can apply a few drops of moisturizer if required.
How it Works:
Salt cleans the clogged pores and removes accumulated dirt, bacteria, and impurities. It balances the production of excess oil in the skin and stops the formation of pimples and blemishes. Raw honey has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that retain moisture, soothes skin and prevents break-out of pimples. Both salt and honey complement each other and make a great recipe for gaining gorgeous skin.
Salt + Olive Oil+ Essential oil
- Take one-fourth cup of salt in a bowl and add a half cup of olive oil to it.
- You can add few drops of any essential oil if you have it at your disposal otherwise it is not necessary.
- Apply this scrub with help of your palms, a washcloth or a loofah according to your convenience on your skin.
- Rub and massage it gently in circular motion for fifteen minutes.
- Shower and wash away the paste under normal water.
How it Works:
Salt is a natural exfoliant that removes the impurities from the clogged pores and restores its moisture because of its hydrating quality. Olive oil is an antioxidant that prevents premature aging, free radical damage and helps to maintain and regain the natural shine and luster of skin. Essential oils have natural and beneficial ingredients that work wonders on the skin texture and tones making it look gorgeous. It is a wonderful recipe that brings out the natural shine of skin.
Salt + Water
- Take a spray bottle and add one tsp of sea salt to it.
- Add half a cup of warm water and shake it until the salt dissolves.
- Spray it on your face.
- Leave it for ten minutes and rinse it off.
How it Works:
Salt has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that prevent blemishes on the skin. It soothes and gives it a natural glow if applied regularly.
Friends, by this time you must have realized that I was not bluffing and salt does have its uses in preparing natural homemade recipes for gorgeous skin. So why are you still deliberating, get up and make a suitable paste for yourself?
You might find this article interesting How to regain your lost original skin complexion