Are you looking for one common ingredient that will prove a boon for preparing homemade recipes for both our skin and hair? You do not have to go far just peep inside your kitchen for yogurt. It is healthy to eat as well as to use topically.
Yogurt + Oats + Raw Honey Face Mask For Glowing Skin
- Take two tbsp of coarsely grounded oats in a glass bowl and add an equal quantity of plain yogurt which is easily available in our kitchen.
- Add one tbsp of raw honey to it and mix all the ingredients properly to create a smooth and fine paste.
- Wash your face with a mild cleanser to remove any dirt or impurities on the skin surface.
- Apply this paste on the face with help of your fingertips.
- Massage for five minutes to exfoliate any dead skin cells.
- Leave it to dry for twenty minutes.
- Rinse it away with cool water.
How it Works:
Yogurt is rich in lactic acid, calcium, and vitamin B and D. It keeps the skin calm, and hydrated. Yogurt fights the formation of pimples and helps in cleaning the clogged pores. Oats act as an exfoliant and removes impurities and dead skin cells from the pores. Raw honey is a humectant that acts as a hydrating agent and keeps the skin moisturized. All the ingredients mix together and create a face mask for glowing skin.
Yogurt + Ripe Banana + Raw Honey + Lemon Juice Anti-Dandruff Hair Mask
- Take one ripe and fresh banana, peel it and mash it in a blender to get a fine paste.
- Pour it in a glass bowl and add one tbsp of yogurt, two tbsp of raw honey and half tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Mix all the ingredients together to create a fine paste.
- The quantity of the paste depends on the length and volume of your hair. Make it according to your requirements.
- Apply this mixture first on your scalp and later on your hair from roots to tips with help of your fingertips.
- Leave it for thirty minutes so that it can seep inside the pores and hair and work its magic.
- Rinse it with water.
- Shampoo and condition with your regular products.
How it Works:
Yogurt has antifungal properties and thus removes dandruff and soothes the scalp. It controls hair fall, improves scalp health, reduces clogging of hair follicles, and keeps the moisture content intact. Yogurt also regulates the production of sebum and has a cooling effect on the hair and scalp. Ripe banana is rich in vitamins, carbohydrates, natural oils and potassium that prevent dandruff, maintains hair elasticity, prevents hair fall and keeps the scalp and hair moisturized. Lemon juice is an astringent that removes dead skin cells from the scalp. Raw honey is a humectant that keeps the scalp and hair moisturized. This hair mask is nutritious as it cleans dandruff from the scalp and keeps the hair hydrated. Use it twice every week for desired results.
Yogurt is easily available in every home and is one of the best natural ingredients for preparing homemade recipes for skin and hair.