If you are ashamed because of dark elbows, this article is for you. I will not waste your time and will directly come to tips that are very effective.
1. Lemon: It is an antioxidant. In addition it has bleaching and exfoliating properties, and so can be used to get rid of dark skin / dead cells on various parts of your body, including dark elbows and knees. It also clears the way for the healthy cells reproduction.
Cut a large lemon into two equal halves. Squeeze out a little juice from both halves, so as that you have two small cups. Scrub each lemon half onto your elbows and knees for 10 to 15 minutes. Rub away the pulp. Keep the cleansed areas away from sunlight by staying indoor or covering them with some loose clothing. However, do not put water on the cleansed areas. Moisturize the areas with pure petroleum jelly or vaseline. Your elbows or knees will feel smoother and softer. Repeat this process every day for a couple of weeks to see significant improvement. Continue with this treatment till your elbows and knees are lightened, and thereafter as and when needed.
2. Fresh Lemon Juice, Olive Oil and Salt: Mix 2 tbsp. of fresh lemon juice with 1tbsp of olive oil and 1/2 cup of sea or table salt in a small glass bowl. Mix the ingredients well. The lemon juice acts as acidic to eliminate dead skin cells, uncovering lighter skin from underneath plus it also work as a mild natural bleaching agent. The grainy property of the salt makes it work as a gentle exfoliant to remove dead skin cells. In addition the olive oil works as a moisturizer. Rub this mixed paste onto your dark elbows and knees every day for 10 to 15 minutes to see significant difference in few weeks’ time.
Caution: If the lemon stings your elbow or affected dark area unbearably, your skin might be super dry. If such is the case with you, you need to moisturize it with petroleum jelly or vaseline a night before you use the lemon.
3. Baking Soda mixed with Milk: Mixed these two ingredients well to make a thick paste. Apply this paste onto your elbows and knees and rub it in circular motions. Repeat this treatment every day or every alternate day, till your dark knees and elbows are lightened.
Caution: If the affected area on your elbows and knees is bruised or cracked, avoid using lemon or salt ingredients thereon.
4. Coconut Oil and Lemon Juice: Mix one tsp. of coconut oil with 1/2 tsp. of lemon juice in a small glass bowl. Rub this natural whitening solution onto your dark elbows and knees and leave it there for 15 to 20 minutes. Wipe off any excess lotion using paper towels. Coconut oil is not only very soothing, but it works as a hydrating agent and natural bleacher.
5. Olive Oil and Sugar: Mix one tbsp. of olive oil with one tsp. of sugar to form a scrubbing paste. Before taking bath rub this scrubbing paste on to your dark elbows and knees for few minutes.
All the above tips are effective but they might take few weeks time.