Acne is a common problem and quite an annoying one faced by most, but there are some effective ways to deal with acne skin.
Acne skin needs delicate cleansing and moisturizing. This tomato mask lightly peels and mattifies the skin. Tomato has several qualities that make it a good source of treatment for various minor ailments. The acidity in tomatoes helps in reducing and clearing up your acne. Vitamin A and vitamin C are commonly found in a lot of acne medicines and tomatoes are rich in vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin K. The acidity of the lemon acts as a toner and an antiseptic on the skin. This mask is great if you suffer from acne and want to control excessive oiliness. Ingredients you will need to make this mask:
- 1 chopped, ripe tomato
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of instant oatmeal or rolled oats.
Puree all the ingredients in a blender. If mixture seems too runny add more oats. Apply to skin for 10 – 15 minutes and rinse with warm water.
Oatmeal face mask is good for acne prone skin. Using an oatmeal face mask will reduce irritation and redness and soothe inflamed, angry looking acne breakouts. It also pairs as a lovely gentle exfoliant when you rinse it off!
When oats combined with tomato and lemon, it will deep cleanse your skin gently and it is very effective face mask to prevent acne in future
Fuller’s earth-turmeric spot treatment paste
- Fuller’s earth: 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder: 1 teaspoon
- Manuka honey: half a teaspoon
- Steam distilled rose water: 1 teaspoon
- Q-tips: 2
- Add all the ingredients in a container and mix it well to make a paste with a medium consistency.
- Dip a q-tip in this spot treatment paste.
- Apply it on the affected areas.
- Keep it overnight.
- Wash it off with normal water the next morning.
- Apply this spot treatment paste every night before going to bed until you see a visible improvement.
Fuller’s earth helps to absorb excess oil and secretion from the skin and helps to cure and prevent the occurrence of pimples and acne. It also doubles up as an exfoliator and removes dead skin cells from your skin. Turmeric is known for its anti-bacterial properties that kill pimple-causing germs. Honey is a natural moisturizer and it imparts a dewy glow to the skin and improves skin texture. Rose water hydrates the skin naturally.
Remedy-3 use cloves for clearing acne from your face
- Garlic: 1 clove
- Cut one garlic clove into two halves.
- Apply light pressure to ooze out garlic juice and rub it on your active acne.
- Leave it on for about 5 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Apply it every day twice until you see a visible improvement.
- Garlic juice contains sulfur, which is a natural antiseptic that fights acne-causing bacteria on your skin.
Remedy-4 Cinnamon-clove face mask
- Cinnamon powder: 2 teaspoons
- Clove powder: 1 teaspoon
- Manuka honey: 1 teaspoon
- Mix all the ingredients in an adequate proportion to make a paste with a thick consistency.
- Take a generous amount of this face mask with your face pack applicator and apply it evenly all over your face.
- Keep it on for 8-10 minutes.
- Rinse it off with cold water.
- Apply it every alternate day for a month to see a visible improvement.
Clove has antibacterial properties, it heals inflamed skin. Cinnamaldehyde, a chemical compound found in cinnamon helps to treat acne and stops the recurrence of acne and pimples.
You might find this article interesting Acne Scars – Natural Remedies