Only a few people are born with a beautiful swan-like neck, but if you also wish to have same, you can get it yourself too. Long and beautiful neck can improve your personality and you will look more graceful for sure. Check out and follow these tips religiously to look even more beautiful. We have mostly suggested some easy and pocket-friendly home remedies to achieve the ideal look but if you want, you can also fall back and trust make-ep to work wonders for your skin.
Always take care of your neck as you care about your face:
- The skin on your neck is finer than that on your face and it has fewer sebaceous glands to keep the skin moisturized.
- If you don’t look after your neck it can rapidly show signs of aging and give away the game even if your face has escaped the ravages of time.
- Don’t neglect your neck when it comes to skincare.
- Cleanse your neck at night just as thoroughly as you do your face.
- If it is difficult to wash off cleanser then you can use a wash cloth wrung out in warm water over the neck.
- Moisturize the neck and chest area morning and evening too.
- You will not regret it when your neck stays looking good in later years as well as being the smoother and softer right way.
- You can buy special neck creams if you want to – Dove ProAge Neck and Chest Beauty Serum is a great budget buy if you want to treat your neck – but
- you can also just apply the normal face cream you use whether at night or during the day over the neck area if you want to simplify your routine.
- When applying creams of any kind use an upward motion so that you do not drag the skin down.
Protect your neck from the harmful UVA and UVB rays of the Sun
- One of the most important things to do for your neck and décolletage area is to protect them from the aging rays of the sun not just in summer when sunbathing but whenever you are outside on a sunny day in winter and every day in summer.
- The creepy look that sun damage causes are one of the first signs of aging to appear because of the amount of exposure to UVA rays these areas get without us really thinking about it.
- Make sure that you apply a generous amount of sunscreen lotion not only on your face but also on your neck to prevent a suntan in the summers.
Avoid Double chin
- If you have a double chin, try to get rid of it.
- It makes you look older than your age.
- Your face looks bulky and you have to contour your face every time you want to look your best.
- It is not easy to shed face fat.
- Hence it is better if you can avoid that from coming.
- Try doing the fish-face yoga to get rid of face fat and shed that additional layer of fat from your face to look your best.
Exercises for neck
- Yoga and ballet are two great activities for your neck.
- You rarely see ballerinas or yoga teachers without well-defined chin and neck muscles.
- Many of the exercises positively work on stretching and elongating the neck muscles.
- Apart from the general yoga movements, I do every day, I like to do one movement that is particularly good for the neck called the neck roll.
- It involves sitting cross-legged on the floor with a very straight back and gently and slowly rolling your head in as wide a circle as possible, first twice in a clockwise direction and then twice in an anti-clockwise direction.
- I’m not a yoga teacher so here is a video with more detailed instructions on how to get your posture and breathing just right.
Wear open necklines and wide collars
- You can help make your neck look longer by wearing open necklines and wide collars.
- Low v-necks are particularly good if you are OK with showing some cleavage.
- If you have a short neck avoid wearing a straight long hairstyle which will emphasize the small distance between your chin and shoulders.
- A shorter style with layers cut in towards the neck will slim and therefore elongate it.
Eat healthy to look your best
- To get rid of that additional layer of fat showing on your face, you must consume the right food.
- By the right food, we not only refer to organic food but we mean whole grains.
- Add some whole grains to your earl morning breakfast cereals.
- Have more fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables often.
- Do not leave out nuts, legumes and other important fibers from your diet.
- Consume sugar in moderation if you do not want an additional layer of fat from showing up on your face.
Easy facial exercises to get rid of double chin
- You can try doing jaw jutt at home at your leisure.
- Stand straight on your legs with your feet apart.
- Look upwards, towards the ceiling.
- Now keep your mouth closed and push your lower jaw forward applying a light force.
- Hold on this pose for at least 10 seconds.
- Then, release it, repeat this pose as many times as you can to get the best results.
You might find this article interesting How To Care For Hair