If you really want to feel fabulous skin, you don’t need chemicals at all. You need the same thing that you need for your inner system to work, and that is food. Food facial cleansers can take your skin to a completely new level.
1. Organic full-fat milk
This is the “ultimate quickie cleanser”. Pour some milk onto a cotton ball and use it to wipe off makeup. There is no need to rinse, although you can add a layer of moisturizer if you want. “Enjoy a mild exfoliation as milk sours and gives your skin a natural glow,”
2. Plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
Make sure it’s plain, without any flavorings. Rub it into your face and rinse, or leave it on the skin for several minutes. The lactic acid and probiotics in yogurt nourish and cleanse gently. You can mix with honey in order to make an antibacterial cleanser.
3. Oatmeal or oat bran
Use it on its own or mix with a spoonful of plain yogurt. Add just enough hot water to soften the oatmeal and make it spreadable. Rub into your face and rinse with tepid water.
4. Organic mayonnaise
Organic mayonnaise, which is made of oil blended with eggs, is an excellent natural moisturizer. Spread it directly onto your face or mix with oatmeal for extra exfoliation.
5. Olive, sweet almond, grape seed, and coconut oils
Pour a bit of oil onto a cotton ball in order to wipe away makeup and refresh your face. You can also use the multi-step oil cleansing method (described in greater detail here) to wash, purify, and moisturize your skin. Add a spoonful of brown sugar or baking soda for extra abrasion, if you wish.
6. Baby cereal
It may sound unappealing, but baby cereals are made of finely ground grains, which make for excellent exfoliation. Mix with a spoonful of olive or sweet almond oil, rub into your face, and rinse.
Former TreeHugger writer Jasmine Chua suggests using tomato mixed with yogurt to cleanse the face, as it contains complexion-nourishing antioxidants, vitamins, and acids that help slough off dead skin. Find the instructions here.
Honey is a wondrous ingredient with antibacterial and moisturizing properties. Rub it undiluted into your face to cleanse and soften. In order to dissolve makeup, blend with a gentle oil such as jojoba or coconut. All the stickiness rinses away with warm water.
9. Dried milk powder and almond meal
Mix these together in equal parts. Scoop some into your hand, add a bit of water to make a paste, and rub into your face for a refreshing natural scrub.
10. Extra virgin coconut oil natural face wash
If you don’t want to use too many chemicals on your face then use this natural face wash. It is especially suited for extremely dry skin.
- Extra virgin coconut oil: 1 tablespoon
- Aloe vera gel: half a tablespoon
- Pure glycerine: 3 drops
- Tea tree essential oil: 2 drops
- Mix all the ingredients in a clean container.
- Make sure that you steam your face or splash some warm water on your face before applying this face wash.
- Apply this face wash evenly all over your face.
- Gently rub your face for a while.
- Rinse it off with running tap water.
- Spritz on some facial mist.
- Apply this face wash once in a day preferably at night to wake up to baby-soft skin.
Strawberries and Yogurt Natural Face Wash
- Fresh ripe strawberries: 2 of them
- Yogurt: 2 tsp
- First of all, take both the ingredients in a blender and combine them together thoroughly by blending them. You should obtain a smooth puree or paste-like consistency.
- After that, apply the resultant mixture all over your face and neck by using gentle circular massaging motions.
- Lastly, let the mask stay on your skin for about 5-7 minutes before rinsing it off using cool water and you are done!
- Use this mask 2-3 times in a week to cleanse the skin very well and balance the levels of oil on there. This will help remove any dead skin cells and other impurities from the skin while supplying it with tons of beneficial and skin-protective ingredients like the antioxidants in the strawberries.
Cinnamon and Nutmeg Face Wash
- Raw honey: 1/4 cup
- Cinnamon: 1 tbsp
- Nutmeg: 3/2 tsp
- First of all, take all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and combine them together thoroughly by stirring them vigorously.
- After that, store the resultant mixture in a container for future use.
- To use it, take a little bit of the mixture in your hands and massage it onto your skin using gentle circular scrubbing motions.
- Lastly, leave the mask on your skin for about5-10 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water and you are done!
- You should use this particular remedy 2-3 times in a week to treat your skin properly by exfoliating it and cleansing it well. This remedy is great for the skin as it will help heal a variety of skin issues including acne, blackheads, blemishes, scars, and more.
Almond and Mayonnaise Facial Scrub
- Almonds: 1/4 cup
- Mayonnaise: 1/8 tsp
- Apple cider vinegar: 1 tsp
- Water: 1/2 cup
- First of all, grind the almond in a blender or processor to obtain a powdery meal.
- After that, add in the mayo to it and combine the two together thoroughly to obtain a paste. Take the mixture in a bowl and set it aside for now.
- Then, make a solution with the apple cider vinegar and the water and set that aside too for now.
- After that, cleanse your face properly bu using a natural cleanser.
- Then, rinse your face with the apple cider vinegar solution.
- After that, apply the almond and mayo mixture all over your face using gentle circular scrubbing motions.
- Lastly, let the mask stay on your skin for about 10 minutes before you rinse it off using warm water. Finish by patting dry your skin and you are done!
- Use this remedy 2-3 times every week to properly enhance your skin health by cleansing and nourishing it thoroughly. This particular remedy is especially good for people with dry skin as it nourishes and hydrates the skin to make it soft, smooth, and supple.
You might find this article interesting Antioxidant Rich Foods