Watermelon is not only delicious but extremely healthy, as well. Most people believe that because watermelon is 92% water, they have very little nutritional value. That’s not the case. When you eat watermelon you are eating powerful antioxidants that travel through the body to neutralize free radical damage. Free radicals are organic molecules that contribute to aging, tissue damage, and even the progression of certain diseases. Free radical molecules are very unstable, so they like to bond with other molecules, changing their function. For example, free radicals can oxidize cholesterol so it sticks to blood vessel walls, blocking arteries. They can also cause joint damage and increase inflammation making arthritis even worse.
Eating watermelon every day is much like taking a multi-vitamin. Watermelons are an excellent source of several vitamins: vitamin A, which helps maintain eye health and is an antioxidant; vitamin C, which helps strengthen immunity, heal wounds, prevent cell damage, promote healthy teeth and gums; and vitamin B6, which helps brain function and helps convert protein to energy. Tomatoes have been highly touted as a great source for lycopene, a powerful antioxidant that helps fight heart disease and several types of cancer — prostate cancer in particular. Watermelon, however, has the highest concentrations of lycopene of any fresh fruit or vegetable. Alone or in a fruit salad are the most common ways many of us eat watermelon. While eating the meat of the fruit is the best way to take advantage of all of its nutrients, you can add lemon juice to it and enjoy fresh watermelon-lemon water as summer refreshment.
- 3 cups cubed watermelon
- Juice from 2-3 limes
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Honey, to taste
- In a blender, puree the watermelon, then strain it through a fine sieve.
- In a pitcher, mix the strained juice with water.
- Add lime juice and natural sweetener to taste.
- Serve cold over ice.
Watermelon-lemon juice-mint leaf refreshing healthy drink
- Watermelon: 5-6 slices
- Lemon juice: 2 teaspoons
- Freshly crushed mint leaves: 6
- Strainer: 1
- Mason jar: 1
- Ice cubes: 4-5
- Take watermelon, lime juice and mint leaves in a blender.
- Blend it well and strain out the juice in an empty mason jar.
- Add the ice cubes.
- Have it fresh.
- Watermelon contains lycopene, consuming enough watermelon keeps the skin hydrated throughout the day and visibly reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Diced watermelon: 1 cup
- Lime wedges: 6
- Lemon juice: 3 teaspoons
- White wine: quarter cup
- Soda water: quarter cup
- At first, pour the diced watermelon cubes in a blender, blend it high to make a paste.
- Strain out the contents in a clean container.
- Add everything else in it and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
Watermelon hydrates the skin and lemon juice ensures that your body gets enough of vitamin C.
Watermelon-lemon early morning drink
- Watermelon juice: 1 glass
- Manuka honey: 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice: 4 teaspoons
- Mix everything well, and consume it fresh.
It refreshes you in an instant and fills you with a dosage of vitamins that are required by the body to function normally.
Watermelon and Strawberry Detox Water Recipe
- Cubed and lightly mashed watermelon: 4 cups
- Half slice strawberries: 1/2 pint
- Lightly crushed mint leaves: 6 sprigs
- First of all, gather and prepare all the ingredients in the way mentioned.
- Then, place all the ingredients in the bottom of a jug or a pitcher.
- After that, fill half of the jus with ice and then the rest with water.
- Lastly, keep the mixture refrigerated for about an hour and then the detox water is ready to be consumed. You can keep on filling up the water until the flavor starts fading.
This is a mighty delicious detox water recipe thanks to the delectable fruity flavors of watermelons and strawberries. This is highly healthy too as the watermelons can help hydrate the body thoroughly and supply useful electrolytes and nutrients. Watermelon can help lower blood pressure, improved insulin sensitivity and relieve muscle pains and aches. Strawberries also add on to the healthy properties because of its rich content of antioxidants which protect and improve the health of the skin and body significantly.
Watermelon Spritzer Recipe
- Cubed and seedless watermelon: 4 cups
- Thawed frozen Limeade concentrate: 3/4 cup
- Carbonated Water: 5/2 cup
- Lime slices: a few
- First of all, put the watermelon cubes in a blender and then blend t obtain a pulpy paste.
- After that, strain the pulpy parts to obtain just the juice. Take that juice in a jug.
- Then, add in the limeade concentrate and mix it in well by stirring thoroughly.
- After that, refrigerate the resultant drink for at least 6 hours.
- Lastly, add in carbonated water when you are ready to serve or drink and enjoy this great drink!
This is a highly refreshing drink which packs in ample hydration along with electrolytes and vitamins to rejuvenate your body. An amazing summer drink.
Peach Homemade Lemonade Recipe
- Chopped peaches: 3 cups
- Water: 2 cups
- Raw honey: 1/9 cup
- Fresh lemon juice: 1/3 cup
- First of all, take half a cup of water and add the honey in it.
- Then, put the mixture on medium heat and stir to dissolve the honey in well to form a simple honey syrup. let it cool down for a bit.
- After that, take a jug and add all the lemon juice to it along with the honey syrup and rest of water and combine all of them together thoroughly by stirring.
- Now, take the peaches in a pan and heat it up over medium-high heat. keep doing that until the peaches become soft and squishy.
- After that, strain the cooked peaches through a strainer to obtain just the peach juice.
- Lastly, take 1/4 cup of the resultant peach juice in a glass and fill the rest with previously prepared honey lemonade. Add some ice cubes to chill and enjoy this awesome lemonade.
Peach adds a tasty, summery, and juicy fresh dimension to this lemonade recipe. All in all, this is a great lemonade recipe which is also quite healthy due to the usage of honey instead of sugar and usual health benefits of lemons and peaches. Tons of minerals and vitamins in this one, especially vitamin C.
You might find this article interesting Antioxidant Rich Foods