In medical science this is known as leukorrhea and this is very common. In most cases, it is nothing to be alarmed about and is considered normal as long as it does not cause irritation, discomfort, odor and itching.
The most common cause behind this is hormonal change, particularly due to an increase in estrogen.
But you should immediately go to your heath check provider if discharge is yellow or green and accompanied by foul odor.
Below there are some home remedies to treat this problem at home:
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is considered beneficial for treating leukorrhea. It helps restore your body’s natural pH balance. Also, its acidic and antiseptic properties help restore the acidic quality of the vaginal flora and reduce vaginal odor.
- Mix equal amounts of distilled water and raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar. Use it as a vaginal wash once or twice a day for a few days.
- You can also drink a glass of water mixed with one or two tablespoons of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar once daily.
Note: Though considered effective by many still, douching is supported by little or no scientific evidence and is even advised against as it may disrupt the natural balance of bacteria in the vagina.
2. Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek seeds help improve the pH level in the vagina and are also also believed to affect estrogen levels. Plus, the seeds work as a natural immune booster.
- Soak one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in water overnight. The next morning, strain the water and add one-half teaspoon of honey. Drink it on an empty stomach.
- Alternatively, boil two teaspoons of fenugreek seeds in four cups of water for 30 minutes. Strain and allow it to cool. Use this water as a vaginal wash three or four times daily until the symptoms subside.
3. Indian Gooseberry
Indian gooseberry, also known as amla, has anti-infection properties that make it extremely beneficial for vaginal health. Plus, its high vitamin C content boosts your immune system to help your body fight off the problem.
- Mix one or two teaspoons of Indian gooseberry power with enough honey to make a thick paste. Have this mixture twice daily for about a week.
- Another option is to boil one teaspoon of dried Indian gooseberry root powder in one cup of water until the quantity is reduced to half. Add a little sugar or honey and drink it on an empty stomach every morning.
Try to follow one of these remedies for one month for positive results.
Bananas are another good home remedy for leukorrhea. The fruit is also useful in relieving complaints like digestive disturbances and lethargy that could be accompanying the problem.
- Eat one to two overripe bananas daily to help control leukorrhea.
- You can also mix two tablespoons of banana flower juice with two teaspoons of powdered palmyrah candy and have it once daily.
Follow these remedies daily until you get the desired result.
According to Ayurveda, figs are considered a good remedy for leukorrhea. They have a powerful laxative effect that helps remove harmful toxins and waste from the body, in turn helping reduce leukorrhea.
- Soak two to three dried figs in one cup of water overnight. The next morning, blend the soaked figs in water and drink it on an empty stomach.
- You can also grind equal amounts of the bark of the fig tree and banyan tree into a fine powder. Mix one tablespoon of this powder in two cups of water. Use this solution as a vaginal wash.
Cranberries contain antibiotic, antifungal and antioxidant properties that can help prevent bacteria from attaching to the vaginal wall and fight the problem of leukorrhea.
- Drink one glass of unsweetened cranberry juice two or three times daily until the problem is resolved.
- If cranberry juice is not available, you can take cranberry tablets. Consult your doctor for the correct
7. Lady finger
Most of the people have lady finger in their stock of vegetable. You can boil lady finger and consume its thick slurry to get relief from white discharge naturally. Some ladies also soaks lady finger with yogurt and tampons. Consumption of yogurt will naturally stop the growth of bacterial in the vaginal area.
Many women are accustomed to experience some amount of vaginal secretion. This is good for heath as it cleans the bacterial and fungal growth in the vaginal area. Even during the sexual intercourse, the lubrication is possible due to the slippery surface with white discharge. This is known as normal Vaginal discharge.
You might find this article interesting Benefits Of Fenugreek For Skin And Hair