Dark underarms can easily stop you from wearing sleeveless dresses, it is very embarrassing to have dark underarms. It is a very common problem for girls but most of the time we ignore it and do not show underarms but now no more. Check these natural remedies, no need to leave them dark at all
They will need just your effort and time
Like other body parts, they also need exfoliation and then apply ingredients that can whiten them
Potatoes and lemon are two natural bleaching agents. If you have sensitive skin, I’ll not prefer potato. Potatoes, due to their mild acids do not irritate the skin.
- Take a thin slice of potato and rub your underarms with it for about 5-10 minutes and then wash off with lukewarm water.
- Alternatively, grate a potato and squeeze out the juice from the grated things. Apply this juice to your underarms with the help of your fingers or a cotton ball. Leave it for about 10 minutes and then wash off.
If you wanna see results soon, do this twice in a day
If you do not have sensitive skin, you can use lemon. But please remember lemon is more acidic and it can leave your skin dry so always apply moisturizer after using lemon on any body part
- Take a thick slice of lemon and rub your underarms daily before you go to have a bath. Apply some moisturizer after bathing as lemon also tends to make skin dry. You may also use lemon in a different way, as told in the next point, to ensure it doesn’t dry up your skin.
- Add a pinch or two of turmeric, honey or yogurt to lemon juice. This will give you something like a paste. Apply this to your dark underarms and leave for about 10 minutes. Now wash off with water.
If lemon irritates your skin, add some cucumber juice with lemon juice. Cucumber soothes the skin avoiding any itching or irritation.
3. Natural exfoliator for underarms
Take some lemon juice and add brown sugar or granulated sugar. Apply on underarms and leave for 5-10 minutes. Then with little wet fingers, rub your underarms gently feeling the granules of the sugar. This will excellently exfoliate your skin along with lightening it. Wash off after a few minutes. This scrub is particularly useful for you if you got your dark underarms as a result of shaving.
Take some walnuts or peanuts and grind them to make powder. Now take 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 1 teaspoon each of honey and powdered walnut or peanuts. Mix them to make a paste. Apply this to your underarms. Leave for 10 minutes. Wash off.
4. White baking soda
White baking soda can also make your underarms white. Baking soda can be used to make an excellent scrub for your underarms. In fact, if you use baking soda for underarms, you can avoid your chemically made deodorants and antiperspirants, another cause for dark underarms. Baking arms can prevent body odor too. Not only this, but a scrub made with baking soda can also get you rid of the damaged and dead cell leading to unclogging pores. It also kills the germs to give you a clean odor-free and lightened underarm.
- Take some baking soda and water. Mix them to make a thick paste. Apply them to your underarms and gently scrub the area. Wash off and pat dry the skin.
- If you don’t want such an elaborate exercise, mix the baking soda with a little water and just wipe your underarms with this solution.
Cucumbers are highly hydrating and calming towards the skin and also holds nice bleaching properties which can help lighten the complexion of the skin. Furthermore, it can also help in exfoliating and cleansing the skin and it also helps keep it moisturized. It also carries crucial vitamins and minerals for the skin that keep it healthy and fresh. Follow the below-given steps to learn how to utilize a cucumber for lightening and brightening your underarms.
- First of all, take a fresh cucumber and slice it up into thick slices.
- After that, massage your underarms with the cucumber slices by rubbing in circular motions for about 10 minutes.
- Lastly, rinse your underarms using cold water and you are done!
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider (ACV henceforth) is great for the skin. It is acidic in nature and thus helps in cleansing the skin of various impurities and waste including dead skin cells. That, paired with its decent skin bleaching properties, ACV will be great for using to lighten your underarm’s complexion. Furthermore, ACV will help balance the pH levels of your skin and also eradicate any harmful microbes in there. Thus, ACV will be able to improve your armpit’s overall health while also lightening its complexion. It can even help in combating bad odor from there. The instructions on how to use it are detailed below.
- First of all, take 2 tbsp of baking soda in a mixing bowl and add in 2 tbsp of ACV into it.
- After that, combine the two together thoroughly by stirring them well.
- Then, apply the resultant mixture all over your underarm skin and then leave it on until it dies off completely.
- Lastly, rinse your underarms using cool water and you are done!
- Use this remedy three times in a week and pretty soon your armpits will be sporting the same complexion as the rest of your skin.
7. Fuller’s Earth
Fuller’s earth or Multani mitti also have been using for years to improve the state and quality of the skin. It is a naturally-sourced clay which can help exfoliate and cleanse your skin very well. Thus, it helps make the skin softer, smoother and more supple. Moreover, it is also quite inexpensive and fairly easily affordable. The instructions are below, follow them to learn how to utilize this ingredient to lighten your armpits.
- First of all, take a mixing bowl and add 2 tbsp of fuller’s earth to it along with 1 tsp lemon juice and few drops of water to adjust the consistency.
- Then, combine all of them together thoroughly to form a paste.
- After that, apply the resultant mixture all over your underarms and leave them on there to dry.
- Lastly, once the paste has been drying of for about 10 to 15 minutes, just rinse it off with tepid water. You are done.