Wrinkles on forehead have become a major problem for many people. Due to their busy schedule people don’t find enough time to take proper care of their skin resulting in various skin problems. People develop various signs of ageing like wrinkles earlier than expected because they show carelessness towards skin care. This article will make you familiar about how wrinkles are caused, how they can be cured and prevented through some home remedies for wrinkles on forehead.
How do we develop wrinkles on forehead?
Generally, wrinkles are formed in women around their menopause. Menopause leads to depression in estrogen levels which in turn decreases the elastin in the skin. All this leads to loosening of the skin and the health of our skin starts to deteriorate. So wrinkles are most likely to be seen in women during this time interval.
Other reasons for the formation of wrinkles on the forehead that too before the expected age includes the damage caused due to the sun. When our forehead comes in contact with the harmful UV rays from the sun it introduces harmful free radicals into our body and also affects the production of collagen and elastin in our body. This leads to decreased elasticity of the skin and wrinkles are formed.
Wrinkles on forehead are also caused due to repetitive motion of the face in such a manner that our forehead skin is stretched more often. This leads to weakening of elasticity of the forehead skin and formation of wrinkles.
Wrinkles on forehead – Top 20 home remedies to get rid of them
- Coconut Oil – Simply massage some organic coconut oil on your forehead until it gets absorbed by the skin completely. Repeat the massage session every night before going to sleep. Coconut oil has the properties to make your skin soft and supple. It scavenges the free radicals present in your skin and prevents them from damaging your skin by causing wrinkles and age spots.
- Castor Oil – Apply 2-3 drops of castor oil on your forehead and massage your head for a few minutes until your skin absorbs the oil. Massage your head daily before going to bed or you can carry out this process during the day too. Best results will be seen if you leave the oil on your forehead overnight. Castor oil is considered to be a good skin conditioner and can restore the health of our skin.
- Lemon Juice – Simply apply some lemon juice to your forehead using cotton to get rid of wrinkles on forehead. Let it dry naturally. Now, wash your forehead with tap water. If you have sensitive skin, you can mix equal amounts of water and lemon juice and then apply it to your forehead to avoid complications. Lemon being rich in vitamin C restores the health of the skin and makes it wrinkle free.
- Olive Oil – Just massage your forehead with a few drops of olive oil for about 5-10 minutes twice a day. You can also massage your forehead with both olive oil and coconut oil mixed together for even better results of removing the wrinkles on forehead. Both olive oil and coconut oil are good moisturizers and are beneficial to improve the quality of the skin.
- Flaxseed Oil – You will have to consume one table spoon of flaxseed oil 2-4 times a day for two weeks regularly. You will see noticeable change your skin as flaxseed oil contains omega-3 fatty acid in high quantity. This makes your skin soft and supple and reduces wrinkles.
- Aloe Vera Gel and Egg White – simply mix 2 tbsp of Aloe Vera gel with one egg white and mix it thoroughly. Apply this mixture to your forehead and let it stay for about 10-15 minutes. Finally wash it with lukewarm water and pat dry your face with a clean towel. Aloe Vera and egg white are rich in vitamin E and this vitamin is essential to keep our skin healthy and youthful. This pack is efficient in removing the wrinkles on forehead.
- Jojoba Oil – Simply massage some jojoba oil on your forehead and leave it for 20 minutes. Wash your forehead with lukewarm water and pat dry with a clean towel. Jojoba oil is rich in vitamin E and keeps the skin youthful and elastic.
- Petroleum jelly – Dampen your forehead and apply some petroleum jelly. Massage your head for few minutes and then leave it on overnight. Petroleum jelly keeps the skin moistened and fades away fine lines and keeps the skin youthful.
- Honey – Keep a wash cloth soaked in hot water for a few minutes and place it on your forehead. This will open your pores. Now massage your forehead with honey and let it stay for 20 minutes. Now, wash the honey with lukewarm water and pat dry your forehead with a clean towel. This massage can be performed once on a daily basis.
- Almond Oil – Give your forehead a good massage with sweet almond oil and let it stay on overnight. Do this daily before going to bed and see the amazing results. Your wrinkles on forehead will fade away soon.
- Lemon juice and Olive Oil – Mix half teaspoon each of lemon juice and olive oil and apply this mixture to your forehead. Massage your forehead with this olive oil and lemon juice mixture and you will see results soon. Not only your frown lines will be removed but also your forehead skin will become lightened.
- Banana and Papaya – Simply mash some pieces of fresh papaya and banana and apply the smooth mixture to your forehead. Let this mixture stay on your forehead for about 15-20 minutes and then wash it with normal water. Banana and papaya have amazing properties to keep the skin young and youthful.
- Cucumber juice – Cucumber is a great remedy to cure wrinkles on forehead. Simple extract some cucumber juice and use a cotton bud to apply it to your wrinkles. Let the juice stay on your forehead for nearly 30 minutes then rinse it off with water.
- Egg white and Honey – Mix some egg white with one teaspoon honey and apply this paste to your forehead. Let it settle on your forehead for about 10-15 minutes and then wash it off with water. Do this daily to get best results.
- Rose water – Simply apply some rose water to your forehead wrinkles using a cotton bud and let it stay for as long as you don’t need to wash your face. Rose water is great skin toner and also helps to keep the skin tight. Rose water is efficient in curing wrinkles on forehead.
- Papaya and Pineapple – Mash equal amounts of papaya and pineapple and make a smooth paste. Apply this thick paste of papaya and pineapple to your forehead to reduce wrinkles and fine lines on your face. The paste should be left on your forehead for about 15 minutes bore rinsing it.
- Lemon Juice and Milk Cream – Mix a few drops of lemon juice to I teaspoon full of milk cream. Apply this mixture to your forehead and leave it for about 15-20 minutes. Now, wash your face with normal water. Do this daily to get rid of wrinkles and frown lines on forehead.
- Lemon juice and Avocado – Just mix a few drops of lemon juice in one teaspoon of fresh avocado pulp and apply this mixture to your forehead. Leave it on your forehead for about 20 minutes and then wash it with clean water. Both lemon and avocado are natural remedies for various skin problems including wrinkles.
- Sugarcane and Turmeric – Mix one teaspoon of turmeric powder with one table spoon of sugarcane juice. Apply this mixture of turmeric and sugarcane to your forehead to get rid of wrinkles. This mixture should be left on the forehead till it dries completely and then wash it with normal water.
- Aloe Vera Gel – Simply apply some Aloe Vera gel to your forehead and let it stay until you don’t need to wash your face. Aloe Vera is effective in moisturizing the skin and restoring its youthfulness.
Myths & Facts about Wrinkles on Forehead
|Wrinkles are caused only due to ageing||Wrinkles can be caused due to other reasons too like excess exposure to sun, frequent facial motions, etc.|
|Wrinkles are permanent and can’t be cured.||Wrinkles are easily curable by using various skin treatments like using home remedies or surgical treatments depending on the intensity of wrinkles.|
|Drinking ample amount of water can prevent us from getting wrinkles.||Water gives glow to our skin but it is not effective in preventing us from developing wrinkles.|
|We do not need to moisturize our skin at night.||It’s essential to keep your skin well moisturized every time to slow down the ageing process and to avoid wrinkle formation at an earlier age.|
Always avoid getting in contact of the sun more often. The harmful UV radiations can cause your skin to age at a faster pace and you are more likely to develop wrinkles at an early age.
Always keep your skin moisturized and don’t let it become dry. Dry skin is more prone to developing wrinkles.
Drink a required amount of water on daily basis to avoid the negative effects of dehydration on your skin. If a certain amount of water is not consumed on a daily basis then our skin tends to be more prone to various skin problems.
Always try to keep your diet full of nutritious food that is essential to maintain a healthy skin.
Cover your face with a scarf or wear a hat when going out in the sun. This will reduce the risk of developing wrinkles on your forehead and face.
Do not smoke or consume alcohol if you want a young and healthy skin. These toxins tend to speed up the ageing process and we get prone to various skin problems like wrinkles, age spots, etc.
OTC products to get rid of wrinkles
Olay Regenerist Regenerating Serum – This is one of the best creams for curing wrinkles. Its ingredients are effective in fighting with the harmful free radicals in our skin and making our skin look younger and healthier.
Clinique Repairwear Deep Wrinkle Concentrate – This amazing cream contains various essential components for the skin like vitamin C, Vitamin E, anti-oxidants, etc. Its composition is helpful in fighting with harmful free radicals that initiate the ageing process.
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream – This cream comes at a really affordable price and has a very good quality. It consists retinol, that is a type of Vitamin A. the cream helps in elevating the collagen levels in our skin so that the skin becomes more elastic and plump.
QUE. At what age am I likely to develop wrinkles on my forehead?
ANS. There is no fix age for wrinkles to appear on your forehead. Wrinkles can appear at very early age in case of improper skin care or unstable hormonal balance in the body. If proper care is taken, wrinkles appear only during the old age.
QUE. What is the best thing that I should do to cure my forehead wrinkles?
ANS. It is easy to get rid of wrinkles by using simple home remedies mentioned in the above article. Natural things are effective in removing signs of ageing efficiently. Surgeries should be preferred only in case of severe wrinkles.
QUE. Can I cure my wrinkles using moisturizer?
ANS. It is important to moisturize your skin but it cannot cure wrinkles that have already developed. Wrinkles once developed, need special care to be cured properly. It is better that you keep your skin moisturized in order to avoid wrinkle formation.
QUE. Can vitamin C rich diet reduce my wrinkles?
ANS. Vitamin C is essential for our skin to stay healthy and youthful as it elevates the collagen level in our body and the elasticity of our skin is increased. This not only cures wrinkles but also makes our skin disease resistant. You can consume vitamin C through diet or you can directly apply certain fruits rich in vitamin C like lemon, orange, etc. on your skin.
You might find this article interesting Normal Creatinine Levels – Remedies, Precautions & More