Castor Oil Hair Serum for Hair Growth
Hair serums available in the market can be quite expensive to buy and in the end, may not even be effective for the hair. However, there are easy ways of preparing a natural hair serum at home with simple ingredients which can be very helpful in enhancing hair growth and reducing hair fall.
Castor Oil + Lavender Essential Oil + Cinnamon Essential Oil
- Take ½ cup of castor oil and add in 5 drops of lavender essential oil to it.
- Add in 5 drops of cinnamon essential oil to it and mix well again.
- Apply this mixture on your scalp and massage well for 15 minutes.
- Let it stay for 30-40 minutes.
- Rinse it off using plain water.
- Shampoo your hair with a mild shampoo.
- Do this remedy 2 times a week.
How this helps:
This remedy will work as a long time deep conditioning hair treatment which will help in treating rough and damaged hair. Damaged hair tends to be more vulnerable to hair breakage and also do not grow longer. Hence, keeping the ends healthy and soft is essential for making them grow well. The cinnamon essential oil is very helpful in improving the blood circulation to the scalp and thus helping in hair growth.
Jamaican Castor Oil + Grape seed Oil + Jojoba Oil + Lavender Essential Oil + Rosemary Essential Oil
- Take 1 teaspoon of grape seed oil and 2 teaspoons of jojoba oil.
- Add in 2 teaspoons of Jamaican castor oil.
- Add in 4 drops of lavender essential oil along with 4 drops of rosemary essential oil and mix well.
- Pour the prepared oil mixture into a dark colored glass bottle and shake well before every use.
- This bottle must be stored away from direct sunlight.
- First, rub the serum onto the palms of your hand and then press it onto the hair ends.
- Do not apply excessively or this make can make your hair oily.
- The serum has to be applied on the hair ends and not on the scalp.
- Do this remedy after every wash once the hair is dry.
How this helps:
This remedy is a great one for individuals with dry and damaged hair. When our hair lacks the optimum moisture, they tend to get frizzy and it becomes difficult to manage them. Both grape seed and jojoba oils are rich sources of antioxidants which make the hair healthy. Jamaican castor oil is very helpful in enhancing hair growth since it helps in fortifying the roots of the hair and also stimulating the hair follicles. Lavender essential oil helps in soothing the scalp and preventing inflammation. Rosemary essential oil helps in eliminating dandruff and preventing the buildup of grease on the scalp. It helps in deodorizing the hair.