Cilantro And Lime DIY Salt Glow Recipe For Radiant Skin
Radiant and healthy skin is something we all dream about. We all want to achieve it and are always on the look-out to find ways to acquire one by natural means. One such is the salt glow recipe…
What is a salt glow?
Salt glow is becoming one of the most trendy and popular body treatments. It exfoliates and hydrates effectively so that the outer layer of dry and dull skin can be replaced by a smooth and radiant one.
Cilantro and Lime DIY recipe
# Ingredients required
- Lime- 1 piece
- Cilantro Sprigs-2
- Apricot Kernel Oil – 3 tbsp
- Vitamin E Oil – 1 tbsp
- Lime Essential Oil – 8 drops
- Coarse Sea Salt – ½ cup
- Fine Epsom Salt – ½ cup
How to prepare:
- Take ½ cup of coarse sea salt in a bowl and add an equal amount of fine Epsom salt to it.
- Add 1 tbsp of vitamin E oil as well as 3 tbsp of apricot kernel oil to the bowl.
- Mix all the four ingredients properly.
- Meanwhile, dice both the cilantro sprigs and zest the lime.
- Add them to the bowl.
- Lastly, add 8 drops of lime essential oil and mix again.
- The salt glow recipe is ready for your use.
- This mixture can be stored in an airtight container so that you can use it repeatedly for at least 4 weeks.
How to use:
- Whenever you want to use this salt glow recipe just open the airtight container and take out 2 tsp of the mixture.
- Place it between the palms of your hand and apply it on your face.
- Make sure that you are avoiding the eye area as it may cause some discomfiture.
- Massage in circular motion for 10 minutes and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with water.
- Use it 2-3 times a week for best results.
- Make sure you are using a clean scoop or spoon to extract the salt scrub from the airtight container.
Benefits of the ingredients
- Lime zest is rich in antioxidants that act as a detoxifying agent and fights numerous skin problems like dark spots, pigmentation, fine lines, wrinkles and pimples.
- Cilantro sprigs are rich in antioxidants, antifungal, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties along with vitamin C and minerals that soothes the skin and boosts the skin complexion.
- Apricot Kernel Oil is rich in anti-inflammatory properties and vitamin E and A that nourishes skin and inhibits the process of skin ageing.
- Vitamin E Oil is rich in antioxidants and hydrating properties that fight free radicals, nourish skin and reduce spots and scars from the skin.
- Lime Essential Oil is rich in astringent and antioxidant properties that fight damage caused by free radicals and removes sun spots and fine lines.
- Coarse Sea Salt prevents the formation of bacteria that causes acne, balances the production of oil in the skin and cleans the pores effectively.
- Fine Epsom Salt is rich in minerals that treat several skin conditions like breakouts and acne successfully.
How it works:
All the ingredients when mixed together create a powerful scrub that has the benefits of each element. It penetrates deep inside the pores and cleans them successfully. The scrub is an exfoliator that can make the skin look healthy and radiant.