Coconut Oil and Aloe Vera Hair Mask
Coconut oil and aloe vera gel benefit your hair in several ways. It is very easy to make a hair mask using coconut oil and aloe vera gel. The results you get will surely be surprising.
Benefits of Coconut Oil
- Coconut oil has lauric acid. This enables hair growth and makes your hair healthy.
- Coconut oil improves blood circulation to your scalp and keeps your hair strong at the roots.
- It reduces hair fall to a great extent.
- It heals brittle hair and prevents hair from breaking off.
- Coconut oil has antioxidant properties that darken your hair and prevent premature greying of your hair.
- It works as a natural hair conditioner.
- It softens and treats dry hair.
- Coconut oil also helps to reduce dandruff.
- Its antimicrobial properties help to treat various scalp infections.
- It makes your hair strong and shiny.
Benefits of Aloe Vera Gel
- Aloe vera gel contains proteolytic enzymes that enable the growth of new and healthy hair.
- It helps to control hair loss.
- It nourishes your hair and keeps it moisturized. This makes it an excellent solution for dry hair.
- Aloe vera gel has anti-inflammatory properties. It helps to soothe an itchy scalp.
- It cures dandruff effectively.
- Aloe vera strengthens your hair.
- It helps to retain the natural colour of your hair.
- It adds a shine to your hair.
- It also protects your hair from dust and pollutants.
- It makes your hair soft and smooth.
To Prepare Coconut Oil and Aloe Vera Gel Hair Mask
You Will Need
- ½ a cup of cold compressed coconut oil
- ½ a cup of aloe vera gel
- 3 to 4 drops of essential oil for essence (optional)
- Bowl for mixing
- Container for storage
Procedures for Preparation
- Heat ½ a cup of cold compressed coconut oil until it melts completely. Make sure there are no lumps left.
- Extract fresh aloe vera gel from an aloe vera plant leaf.
- Now mix ½ a cup of aloe vera gel with ½ a cup of melted coconut oil until both the ingredients are thoroughly dissolved.
- Add about 3 to 4 drops of any essential oil of your choice if you want.
- Set it aside until it cools down to room temperature.
- Store the preparation in a container and keep it in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. You can use this for up to 1 month.
To Apply the Hair Mask
- Part your hair in 6 to 8 sections.
- Apply the hair mask to your scalp.
- Now cover your hair strands with the mask.
- Apply the mask from the roots to the tips.
- Massage your head for some time.
- Leave it on for at least 1 hour. You may also leave it on overnight.
- Wash your hair with plain water and mild shampoo.
- Follow the procedures 1 to 2 times a week.
Caution: Always test out the hair mask on a small section of your scalp and hair. This will help to ensure that you are not allergic to any of the ingredients. If you feel any kind of irritation wash off the hair mask immediately to prevent damage.
Latest posts by Priyanjali Bhattacharya (see all)
- 5 Natural Skin Care Remedies for Hyperpigmentation - January 30, 2019
- 5 Simple Home Remedies to Remove Any Type of Skin Spots from Your Face - January 28, 2019
- How to Get Rid of Plaque and Whiten Your Teeth Without Expensive Treatments - January 15, 2019