Colouring Grey Hair without Damaging It by Using Ingredients from Your Kitchen
Colouring grey hair without causing any damage to it can be very simple. You can do it at home by using some kitchen ingredients. Follow these natural ways to hide your grey hair if you are too much worried about them. Natural remedies can add shine and colour to your hair. Here are a few ways to do it.
Henna and Coconut Oil Mixture
Henna is known to be a natural hair dye. It dyes your hair and gives it a darker colour. It also helps to restore your hair’s natural colour. Coconut oil contains high amounts of antioxidants. These help to reverse your hair colour and bring it back to its natural colour. Coconut oil is also known to prevent your hair from greying unnaturally. This mixture will give you strong, dark and shiny hair.
To Prepare and Apply the Mixture
- Take some fresh henna leaves and boil them in coconut oil.
- Once you have boiled them, set the mixture aside for some time to allow it to cool down.
- Apply the mixture to your hair and scalp in generous amounts.
- Massage your scalp for a few minutes.
- Leave it on for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with plain water.
- Follow this procedure once every fortnight.
Potato Peel and Water Solution
Potato has a high starch content. It works as a natural hair colourant. It can be used as a natural hair dye to colour grey hairs. In addition, the potato is also rich in Vitamin A, B and C. This helps to rejuvenate the hair follicles and promote the growth of new, healthy hair. This solution will give you naturally dark and shiny hair.
To Prepare and Apply the Solution
- Peel the skin of 6 to 8 fresh potatoes depending on the number of grey hairs.
- Boil some water in a pan.
- Add the potato peels to the boiling water and boil for about 25 minutes to half an hour.
- Once it has boiled, set it aside for about 15 minutes.
- Then strain the liquid using a or strainer.
- Add a few drops of any essential oil to the solution.
- Set aside the solution and wait for it to cool down.
- Shampoo your hair and condition it.
- Once it is dry, divide it into sections.
- Now apply the solution to your hair and scalp.
- Massage for about 5 minutes.
- Leave it on for about half an hour.
- Wash off the solution with cold water.
- Follow the procedure once or twice a week.
Mustard Oil and Castor Oil Mixture
Mustard oil is rich in several minerals such as magnesium, zinc, iron and calcium. These minerals are highly beneficial in colouring grey hair and also in preventing premature greying of the hair. Castor oil darkens your hair colour and gives it its natural colour. In addition, it strengthens your hair follicles and promotes the growth of healthy hair. It nourishes your hair thoroughly and prevents it from greying. This mixture will give you dark and healthy hair.
To Prepare and Apply the Mixture
- Add 2 tablespoons of mustard oil and 1 tablespoon of castor oil in a pan.
- Heat the oil until it is lukewarm.
- Apply the oil to your scalp and hair in generous amounts.
- Massage your scalp for about 10 minutes.
- Leave it on for at least 45 minutes.
- Wash it off using a mild shampoo.
- Follow the procedures twice a week.
Latest posts by Priyanjali Bhattacharya (see all)
- 5 Natural Skin Care Remedies for Hyperpigmentation - January 30, 2019
- 5 Simple Home Remedies to Remove Any Type of Skin Spots from Your Face - January 28, 2019
- How to Get Rid of Plaque and Whiten Your Teeth Without Expensive Treatments - January 15, 2019