CUCUMBER FACIAL TONER FOR OILY AND ACNE PRONE SKIN
Oily skin leads to acne and many other skin related problems. Hence, it becomes vital to take extra good care of your oily skin. Oily and Acne prone skin is bound to look scarred and dull. Cucumber is a great natural ingredient which can be used to nourish oily and acne prone skin. It also helps to deeply cleanse the pores of the skin.
1. Cucumber and Lemon
Cucumber and lemon can be used to treat oily and acne prone skin. Cucumber nourishes the skin by cleansing its pores and hydrating it.
- 1 small sized fresh cucumber
- A lemon
- 2 cups of water
- Dice cucumber into thin slices.
- Add 2 cups of water to it and heat it over a low flame for about 5 minutes.
- Allow the water to cool down.
- Using a blender, blend the mixture.
- Strain excess water from the mixture.
- Extract juice from a lemon and pour it in a bowl.
- Mix the lemon juice with the blended cucumber.
- Pour the cucumber mixture in a spray.
- Use it as a toner twice a day.
Note: The mixture can be stored for 5-6 days in a fridge.
2. Cucumber and Basil leaves
Cucumber and basil leaves help to treat oily and acne prone skin. Cucumber is known to hydrate and nourish the skin by cleansing the pores.
- A medium-sized cucumber
- 5 drops of Tea tree oil
- Fresh Basil leaves
- 2-3 tablespoons of rosewater
- Peel the medium sized cucumber and cut it into thin slices.
- Blend the cut cucumber slices and basil leaves together in a blender.
- Strain the mixture using a strainer.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of rosewater and 5 drops of tea tree oil in the mixture and mix well.
- Pour the mixture in a spray bottle.
- Cleanse your skin using a cotton ball.
- Apply the toner followed by an oil-free moisturizer.
- Repeat the process twice daily.
3. Cucumber Facial Toner
Cucumber helps to nourish the skin and make it acne and oil-free.
- One medium sized cucumber
- Peel the cucumber and cut it into equally thin slices.
- Add water as required in the pan and add the thin slices of cucumber.
- Heat the pan for about 5-7 minutes over low flame.
- This allows the water and cucumber essence to mix perfectly. Avoid overheating and boiling as it kills the nutrients present in the cucumber.
- Allow the cucumber water to cool down for about 10 minutes.
- Pour the mixer in a juicer and churn the mixture for about 20 seconds.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve so as to separate the juice from the mixture.
- Filter out the juice and store it in a bottle or a spray.
- Rinse the face with water and cleanse it using a cotton ball.
- Spray the toner cum mist twice daily for best results.
Oily and acne prone skin can really play havoc in your day to day life as it leads to dull and scarred skin. It also leads to pimples and other skin related problems. Due to your skin being oily, the dirt particles also cling to your skin easily. Apply the above remedies as this will not only help to heal oily and acne prone skin but also will add a shine to your face and nourish it.
Loves it when life rhymes with love.
Always is in a great dilemma whether to accept his fear of missing out or to give in to his fear of being let down.
Latest posts by Divyanshu Abhineet (see all)
- This Coconut Oil and Lemon Mixture Can Help Gray Hair Return to Its Natural Color - February 27, 2019
- Make Dye to Color Your Hair Naturally Fast - February 21, 2019
- Scar Removal: Natural Remedies To Support Effective Cell Growth Minimize Scar Tissue And Create Healthy Skin. - February 21, 2019