DIY Anti Ageing Serum for Wrinkles
Here are some easy to prepare serums which can be used on the skin for getting anti ageing benefits:
Vegetable Glycerin + GMO-Free Vitamin C Powder Serum
- Take 1 teaspoon of GMO-free vitamin C powder and add it to 2 tablespoons of distilled water.
- Mix well until the powder mixes well and has dissolved completely.
- Now add 1 teaspoon of vegetable glycerin to the above solution and mix well.
- Pour this mixture into a dark colored glass bottle.
- Shake well before use and store this bottle in a dark and dry area away from direct sunlight.
- To use the serum, simply apply a few drops of it on the face using patting motions.
- Make sure you use this on clean skin.
- Do this remedy once every day before going to bed.
How this helps:
Vitamin C is essential for the treatment of the ageing skin as it helps in making the skin glow and keeping it young. It also helps in fighting wrinkles. Since it is a powerful antioxidant, it helps in rejuvenating the skin and fighting pigmentation as well. Vitamin C helps in boosting collagen production which helps in keeping the skin look radiant and lifted.
Rosehip Oil + Sweet Almond Oil + Frankincense Essential Oil + Lavender Essential Oil
- Take 2 tablespoons of rosehip oil to act as a carrier oil and add 2 teaspoons of sweet almond oil to it.
- To this mixture, add 10 drops of frankincense essential oil and 10 drops of lavender essential oil.
- Mix well.
- Pour this prepared oil mixture into an amber colored bottle and store it away from sunlight.
- Seal the bottle tightly so that it does not expose to light and moisture.
- To use this serum, clean the face with the help of a mild cleanser.
- Once the skin is dry, take 4-5 drops of the serum and rub onto the palms of your hands.
- Press the oil into your skin using gentle hand movement.
- Let it stay overnight.
- Do this remedy once every night before going to bed.
How this helps:
Rosehip oil is a great choice for getting anti ageing benefits. This oil is known to penetrate the skin and moisturize and hydrate it from the deep levels. It also helps in enhancing the skin regeneration process which enables newer skin cells to get formed. This, in turn, gives a youthful appearance to the skin and helps greatly in getting rid of pigmentation as well. Frankincense essential oil and lavender oil help in getting rid of inflammation and soothing the skin all the while balancing it out.
- It has to be taken care that these serums are used in moderation since they are making use of natural essential oils. These oils can cause irritation. If so, discontinue their use immediately.
- Do not apply more than 3-4 drops of the serum as that can make the skin oily.
- It is not recommended to use the serum underneath makeup as it may interfere with the formulation and prevent the makeup from going on smoothly on the skin,
- You may also apply specifically according to your skin type. Typically individuals with oily skin must use only 2-3 drops on the areas which need hydration. Individuals with sensitive skin must use only mild essential oils and individuals with dry skin can use up to 4-5 drops of the serum every night.
- The shelf life of these serums is 2 weeks.