DIY Beetroot Exfoliating Lip Mask for Pink Lips
It’s a common adage that very rightly states, “A smile is the prettiest thing that one can wear.” One’s smile doesn’t incarcerate solely to white teeth, but, it spreads to one’s lips, too. Many of us are filled with a deep desire to have shiny pink and luscious lips instead of dark ones. Dry and chapped lips speak volumes about one’s deteriorating health. People need to be vigilant enough to transform their pigmented lips into soft and hydrated ones. Beetroot can be used as a natural exfoliator and is known for transferring a natural pinkish colour to the lips. Given below are a few ways in which you can use beetroot- cheap & chemical-free.
Beetroot Lip Stain
- Coconut oil
- Food processor
- 1 medium-sized beetroot
- Begin by rinsing the beetroot thoroughly with water.
- Then, peel off the outer layer. Chop the beetroot into small pieces and put them into a food processor.
- Grate the beetroot completely until a visible watery residue is formed.
Ensure that you don’t add water to the beetroot as it will thin out the sparkle of the color.
4. Extract a sufficient amount of juice from the grated beetroot and relocate it instantly into a clear container in order to store it for future purposes.
Ensure that the container is clean by rinsing it thoroughly and decontaminate any residual item that may be present with rubbing alcohol.
5. Add a teaspoon of coconut oil to the tint of beetroot.
If you tend to use less than a teaspoon of oil, then the lip tint will come out to be flaky and dry onto your lips.
You can also substitute the coconut oil for beeswax, or honey because they do a wonderful job at moisturizing lips.
6. Use a toothpick, or a clean spoon to combine the mixture well.
7. Put the container in a fridge and let the tint solidify before you actually use it.
As this lip tint is absolutely natural and free from chemicals and preservatives, your lips will sport a reddish- plum tint in no time!
Add granulated sugar to the tint to obtain a DIY lip scrub for yourself.
8. Apply this lip stain onto your lips as often as possible to obtain pinkish soft lips within a few weeks.
Beetroot Lip Balm
- 1 tablespoon of Shea butter
- Two tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 a teaspoon of beetroot powder
- One tablespoon of beeswax pellets
- A small lip balm jar
- Proceed with adding beeswax, olive oil, and Shea butter in a small lip balm jar.
- Take a saucepan to heat water and put the contents of the jar in that pan.
- Mix until the ingredients reach their melting state and then, blend them together.
- Put the beetroot powder and intermix.
- Shift the content into containers and let it set by cooling down.
- Dab it onto your lips.
- Use it whenever you feel that your lips are in dire need of hydration, or if they lack moisture. Hurry up!