DIY Chemical Peel for Wrinkles and Dark Spots
Chemical peels are an incredible way to reveal a great new layer of your skin, quite literally. It works in the following way. The chemical peel removes the outer layer of your skin, which has been damaged by a number of factors such as acne scars, pigmentation, sun damage, wrinkles, age spots etc. These chemicals peels are totally nonsurgical. They can sometimes have side effects such as redness, irritation etc. because they’re kind of strong. Therefore, it is much safer to use DIY chemical peels where you use natural ingredients and can easily avoid what harms your skin.
If you’re excited to try out some DIY peels for removing wrinkles and age spots, we’ve got some recipes for you!
Egg white peel
Egg white helps in keeping your skin rejuvenated and moisturized so that the impurities can be removed without harming your skin. It de-wrinkles your skin and makes it smoother and finer. Adding cucumber to the peel helps in keeping the skin fresh.
- Egg white: 1
- Cucumber pulp: 1/2 cup
- Lemon Juice: 1 tablespoon
- Beat the egg white and mix it with the cucumber pulp.
- Mix the lemon juice in it and make a smooth paste.
- Apply the mixture on your face and keep it on for 20 minutes.
- Rinse off with water.
- Use this peel for up to 3 times a week.
Malic acid facial peel
Malic acid sheds the outer layer of skin and helps in giving the skin a smooth texture. This makes wrinkles and age spots go away and thus, reveals a skin layer that is tighter and younger looking. It also reduces pigmentation. Malic acid is found in many fruits and vegetables, here we are using apple for the same.
- Apple: 1 fresh and ripe piece
- Honey: 1 tablespoon
- Raw milk: 2 tablespoons
- Peel the apple and chop it into few pieces.
- Grind the pieces until you get a smooth paste.
- Mix the honey and milk into the mixture.
- Apply a generous layer of this paste on your face and other affected areas.
- Keep it on for 30 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water.
- For best results, use this peel for up to 3 times a week.
Coconut milk Peel
Chemical peels often use polyvinyl acid, and the natural substitute for that is grass fed gelatin which gives the mixture a peel consistency and also helps it keep hydrated. Coconut milk nourishes your skin and makes it brighter and smoother.
- Grass-fed gelatin: 1 tablespoon
- Coconut milk: 1-2 tablespoons
- Boiling water
- Soothing essential oil: 2 drops
- Mix all the ingredients into a smooth paste. It will feel crumby at first but whisk it fast.
- Apply it with your fingers all over your face.
- You can also lay some mixture on tissue and the place it on your face, then place some more paste on top.
- Do not move your face while the peel is on, otherwise, it will crack.
- After the peel starts to feel dry (in about 20-30 minutes) start to peel it off.
- It may hurt a little since it also pulls the fine hair off.
- Wash once it is peeled off completely.
- Apply some moisturizer.
- Do this once every two weeks.
Latest posts by Manisha Joshi (see all)
- How To Pick Between Clay And Mud Masks For Oily Skin - May 14, 2019
- How To Remove Pimples Overnight - May 10, 2019
- Get A Healthy Glowing Skin With These 5 Easy and Proven Home Remedies - April 12, 2019