DIY Cream Highlighter | Make Your own Highlighter At Home
Do you want to enjoy having highlighter cream on your face without spending much of your hard-earned bucks? It is really possible by preparing them easily in your homes. In this article, you will see some of the best DIY cream highlighter recipes which would require only a few minutes to prepare them.
#1. Candelilla Wax Highlighter Cream
|Candelilla wax||10 grams|
|Clear jojoba oil||20 grams|
|Golden glow mica or copper glow mica||2 grams|
|Virgin coconut oil||20 grams|
|Superfine silk powder||2 grams|
How To Do?
- Firstly, take the candelilla wax and coconut oil and put them together in a double boiler.
- Heat them until they get melted down completely.
- Then take a small bowl and add the other ingredients into it.
- Stir the mixture well to make them get combined together.
- Then add the mixture to the wax kept in the double boiler.
- Heat it for some time.
- Then remove it from the heat and allow it to get cool down completely. But, make sure that you do not wait for too long as the mixture might become too hard.
- Now start to scrape the sides and you can melt it again if you find the mixture to be too hard.
- Give a final stir to the mixture to make them get mixed well.
- Then you can allow it to cool until it becomes hard.
- Now you can start using this highlighter cream on your face.
#2. Primer Highlighter Cream
|Rosewater or aloe vera gel||as per the requirement|
|Moisturizer||as per the requirement|
|Primer||as per the requirement|
How To Do?
- At first, you have to take the eyeshadow and make it into a fine powder with the help of a sharp tool.
- Then put the powdered eyeshadow into a container.
- Add the moisturizer cream into the same container.
- Then add the primer followed by rosewater or aloe vera gel.
- Mix all the ingredients together using a mixing tool.
- Wait until you obtain a proper consistency of the cream which is neither thick nor thin.
- You can also add or reduce the amount of rosewater to make the consistency proper.
- Then stir them well to make them get combined well together.
- Wait until the mixture turns to a smoothy creamy state.
- Once a creamy state is obtained, then you can start using it on your face.
#3. White Mica Powder Highlighter Cream
|White mica powder||1 tbsp|
|Almond oil or Grapeseed oil||1 tbsp|
|Bowl filled with water||1|
How To Do?
- Take the bowl filled with the water and place it over a low flame.
- Then take a bowl and all the given ingredients into it.
- Now place the bowl containing the ingredients on the hot water kept in the first bowl.
- Wait until the ingredients get melted down completely.
- Once it gets melted fully, remove the container from the heat.
- Then pour the mixture into a small tube or a tin.
- Then stir the mixture well using a mixing tool to make the ingredients get mixed well.
- Also, there are many chances for the mica to get settled down. So, in order to prevent that you can stir the mixture properly until they get combined together.
- Once it becomes cool, you can start using them on your face.
#4. Aloe Vera Gel Highlighter Cream
|Bright white mica||5 scoops of 0.5 ml|
|Gold powder||1 scoop of 0.5 ml|
|Nude beige mica||1 scoop of 0.5 ml|
|Argan oil||1 ml|
|Aloe vera gel||10 ml|
How To Do?
- Firstly, place a small bowl and add all the given mica powders (gold, nude beige and bright white) into it.
- Now start to mix the added mica powders until a homogenous color is obtained.
- Then add the aloe vera gel, oils followed by the cosgard preservative.
- Stir the mixture well a few times until they get mixed well.
- Then transfer the mixture into a tube or a tin.
- Now your highlighter cream is ready for use. You can start using it on your face.
#5. Beeswax Highlighter Cream
|Vitamin E oil||3 drops|
|Castor oil||1 tsp|
|Beeswax pellets||1/3 tbsp|
|Coconut oil||1 tbsp|
|Mica powder||1 tbsp|
|Rosemary Oil or Frankincense Oil||2 to 3 drops|
How To Do?
- Initially, take a small bowl and add all the given ingredients into it except the mica powder.
- Then place the container in heat under a low flame or in a microwave.
- Let the mixture get heated up for about 1 minute.
- Once all the ingredients get melted down completely, you can remove the container from the heat.
- Then you can add the mica powder to the melted mixture.
- After adding the mica, you should be stirring the mixture using any mixing tool for a few minutes.
- Make sure that you mix it well a couple of times to prevent the mica powder from getting settled down in the container.
- Then pour the mixture into a lipgloss tube or a tin.
- Wait for some time until the mixture becomes a solid one.
- You can now start using the highlighter cream on your face.
#6. Eyeshadow Highlighter Cream
|Vitamin E oil||a few drops|
|Eyeshadow||As per the requirement|
|Moisturizing cream||1/2 tsp|
How To Do?
- Firstly, take a small bowl and add the moisturizing cream into it. This will help in creating the base for the highlighter cream.
- Then add the vitamin E oil into the moisturizing cream kept in the bowl.
- Now use a sharp tool and scrape the eyeshadow of your favorite color from the box.
- Scrape it until the eyeshadow becomes a fine powder.
- Then put the eyeshadow powder into the container that contains the mixture.
- Now start to stir the mixture well such that all the ingredients in it get combined with one another.
- Also, make sure that there are no lumps formed in the mixture while mixing it.
- Now you can start using the highlighter cream on your face.
Latest posts by Tharaa Nagendran (see all)
- Permanent Facial Hair Removal From Chin, Upper Lip, Legs with Egg - November 27, 2019
- CLEAR ACNE WITH TEA TREE OIL MASK - October 30, 2019
- How to Make Vitamin E Day Cream and Night Cream for Younger Looking, Fair & Glowing Skin - October 30, 2019