DIY Face Washes Using Honey Chamomile for Sensitive Skin & Anti-ageing
Honey is a natural antibacterial which is also packed with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. It helps prevent and heal acne and mild irritation of the skin. It reduces the appearance of wrinkles and is a great moisturizer too. Chamomile helps fade scars and provide temporary relief from rashes and skin irritation. It is antibacterial, anti-fungal and antiseptic. In combination, these two ingredients work the best for sensitive skin which is prone to various damaging conditions and premature ageing. Here are some DIY face washes using honey chamomile for sensitive skin & anti-ageing :
Honey, Chamomile & Essential Oil Face Wash
- 1¾ cup filtered water
- ½ cup unscented Castile soap
- 2-3 tablespoon honey
- 1½ tablespoon dried chamomile flowers
- 6 teaspoon almond oil
- 12 drops lavender essential oil
- 10 drops melaleuca essential oil
- 7-8 drops of cold pressed rosehip seed oil
- 1 glass foaming soap dispenser
- Heat the almond oil and add chamomile flowers to it to infuse both, in a double boiler.
- Allow it to infuse for at least 30-35 minutes by keeping it simmering, stir this mixture occasionally.
- The longer you keep it simmering, the better.
- Strain the oil into a jar using a cheesecloth.
- Add filtered water to the glass foaming soap dispenser. Do not add Castile soap before the water, otherwise the soap will froth up once you add water.
- Add the chamomile-infused almond oil to the soap dispenser.
- Close the lid and shake vigorously to mix the ingredients well.
- Add honey, lavender essential oil, rosehip oil and melaleuca essential oil to this dispenser.
- Tighten the lid and give it a good shake to mix these essential oils with all the other ingredients. Your face wash is ready.
- Apply this face wash like a normal face wash and wash off with warm water preferably.
You can use this face wash twice daily, once in the morning and once in the evening for best results. It helps balance your skin’s pH level, does not cause a lot of irritation to the sensitive or normal skin as all the ingredients are very mild. It helps prevent any breakouts and maintains the softness of your skin.
Honey, Chamomile & Calendula Face wash
- 1/5th cup fresh chamomile flowers
- ½ cup raw honey
- 1/8th cup fresh calendula flowers
- 1 tablespoon dried rose powder
- Put the flowers and rose powder in a small glass jar. Pour honey over the flowers.
- Stir well and cap the jar. Set the jar aside for 1-2 weeks to allow the properties of the flowers to infuse into the honey.
- Do not use heat to speed up the process as it destroys the raw benefits of these flowers.
- To use it as a face wash, rub the infused honey over your face and neck.
- Let it be on your skin for 2-3 minutes.
- Take a washcloth dipped in warm water and place on your skin for about 20 seconds. The steam will soften the honey.
- Using the washcloth gently wipe the honey off your face. Then wash your face with warm water.
- Follow with moisturizer.
For best results, use this face wash daily. It protects sensitive skin and helps with maintaining the health of your skin, thus preventing ageing of the skin. Honey balances cleanse and repairs all skin, whereas chamomile works as a mild cortisone and anti-inflammatory product which treats redness and irritated skin. Rose powder helps in toning the skin and easing redness. Calendula is perfect for all-around soothing of skin.
These easy to make face washes, help your skin stay protected from pollution and other chemicals in the face products you use. It rejuvenates and rehabilitates your sensitive skin. Once the skin is not subjected to harsh chemical damage, the rate of skin-ageing slows down too. If you have any suggestions on how to use honey and chamomile for sensitive skin and anti-ageing, let us know in the comments below!
Latest posts by Bhavya Varma (see all)
- Amazing Coffee Packs to Remove Dark Circles for Different Skin Types - December 6, 2018
- What You Need to Know about Managing Irregular Periods with Natural Home Remedies - December 5, 2018
- This Vinegar Will Make Your Skin Glowing and Your Hair Healthy - November 28, 2018