DIY Foundation for Acne Prone Skin to Cover Pimples
Acne is usually the result of oil accumulated in the skin that manifests. This may be due to the heat in the body or the summer weather or it may also be because the skin is prone to acne breakouts. There are myriad ways to treat acne however, it is recommended to treat them using natural products as opposed to cosmetic products from the store because home remedies are cost-effective and nourish the skin from within. The following are a few home remedies for acne that can be used as a foundation.
- Cornstarch – 1/4 Cup
- Finely Ground Oats – 2 Tablespoons
- Instant Coffee Powder – 1/2 Teaspoon
- Grapeseed Oil – 10 Drops
- In a bowl, whisk the cornstarch and oats so that they are well combined. In small portions, add in the coffee powder while whisking and stop when the desired skin complexion shade is obtained.
- Add the grapeseed oil, a few drops at a time and mix it well. Do this a few times till all 10 drops are added and mixed well.
- Store this mixture in a wide and short jar.
- Using a brush, gather in the mixture from the jar in a circular motion and apply it on the face in the same manner.
- You can use this daily and noticeable results will be obtained.
2. Arrowroot Powder
- Arrowroot Powder – 1 Teaspoon for dark complexion; 1 tablespoon for light complexion
- Cocoa Powder and/or Nutmeg – As required
- Jojoba Oil – As required
- In a bowl, place the arrowroot powder. Add in & mix the cocoa powder or nutmeg or a combination of both, bit by bit till the desired shade is obtained.
- Carefully add in the jojoba oil, drop by drop, mixing it regularly. Stop when the mixture is firm enough to sit in the foundation jar.
- Transfer the mixture into the foundation jar or compact and neatly press it down.
- With the help of a brush, use this on the face on a daily basis.
3. Aloe Vera Gel
- Aloe Vera Gel – 2 Teaspoons
- Moisturiser – 1 Teaspoon
- Liquid Foundation – 4 Drops
- Sunscreen – 1 Drop
- Compact Powder – 2 Pinches
- Tea Tree Oil – 4 Drops
- In a bowl, mix the aloe vera gel and moisturiser. Make sure it is properly combined.
- Add in the sunscreen and liquid foundation to this and stir it well.
- Add the powder and tea tree oil and mix it well.
- Store this mixture in a short and flat jar.
- In the morning, while getting ready, use this mixture as a foundation on a daily basis.
4. Cocoa, Cornstarch & Cinnamon Foundation Powder
- Cornstarch – 3 Tablespoons
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – As required
- Cinnamon Powder – As Required
- In a bowl, place the cornstarch.
- To this, add the cocoa powder and cinnamon powder. Add more of these powders if the skin complexion is darker. Adjust the quantity of the cocoa powder and cinnamon powder to match the skin complexion. Add more cornstarch if the powder is too dark for the skin tone.
- Mix it all well so that there are no lumps.
- Apply this as any other foundation while getting ready on a daily basis. The ingredients will fight acne throughout the day.