DIY Healthy Hair Tips for Hair Loss, Itchy Scalp & Split Ends
The two things which affect the health and overall appearance of your hair are dry, itchy scalp and split ends. They cause hair fall, dullness of hair and unhealthy hair roots. In today’s hectic lifestyles full of stress your hair is prone to permanent damage, brittleness, dryness and irritation. Pollution adds to hair damage and healthy alternatives to commercial hair care products should be considered for permanent fixing of hair problems such as hair loss, itchy scalp and split ends. Here are the ways in which you can use DIY treatments by utilizing organic/home ingredients for maintaining hair health :
Honey Pumpkin Hair Mask for Itchy Scalp
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1-2 tablespoons of honey
- Mix pumpkin puree with honey to form a paste.
- Blend this well to ensure both ingredients are mixed well.
- Apply it onto scalp and hair tips. Massage well for 3-4 minutes.
- Let it be on your hair for 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with a mild shampoo and cold water.
This hair remedy works like magic for your dry, itchy scalp and helps prevent split ends. Pumpkin puree lends your hair vitamins A and C along with zinc, beta-carotene and potassium. It nourishes your scalp and your hair is provided with essential nutrients which help prevent split ends. Honey moisturizes your hair and makes it shiny and bouncy. It helps slow down hair loss caused due to dryness of hair and scalp.
Tea Tree Oil for Itchy Scalp & Hair loss
- 10-12 drops of tea tree essential oil
- 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Mix the two oils in a container.
- Apply onto your hair from the roots working your way down to the tips.
- Leave it on for 1-2 hours.
- Wash it off with plain water and a mild shampoo. Condition your hair after this.
This hair oil massage helps your scalp remain healthy. It helps treat dandruff as tea tree oil has antimicrobial and antibacterial properties. Coconut oil nourishes your hair and scalp, it helps prevent hair loss as it has protective nutrients for your hair. Usage of tea tree oil prevents any itchiness because of its antibacterial properties and coconut oil prevents it because of its moisturizing properties. Thus together they are perfect ingredients to promote scalp and hair health and prevent itchy scalp.
Aloe Vera and Banana for Hair loss and Split Ends
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- 2-3 tablespoons of aloe vera gel
- 2-3 tablespoons of yoghurt
- Mash the ripe banana and add the aloe vera gel to it.
- Mix the ingredients well, add yoghurt to this mixture. Blend well.
- Apply from the scalp/roots of your hair to the tips.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with slightly warm water and a mild shampoo. Condition your hair well.
This hair treatment using aloe vera and banana helps you curb hair loss, treat itchy scalp and prevent split ends. Using it twice in a month helps keep these issues at bay. Aloe vera helps promote hair growth and is an effective remedy for itchy, flaky scalp and hair loss. Banana makes your hair shinier and bouncier by nourishing it and promotes scalp health & hair growth. Yoghurt helps prevent dandruff and itchy scalp. These ingredients when used together improve the overall health of your hair and help improve hair quality too.
These day-to-day use ingredients, when used regularly, will help you boost hair health, prevent itchy scalp, hair loss and split ends. All of the above-mentioned ingredients can be used separately in the given quantities too for hair protection. If you have any suggestions related to more DIY tips for healthy hair, please let us know in the comments below!
Latest posts by Bhavya Varma (see all)
- Amazing Coffee Packs to Remove Dark Circles for Different Skin Types - December 6, 2018
- What You Need to Know about Managing Irregular Periods with Natural Home Remedies - December 5, 2018
- This Vinegar Will Make Your Skin Glowing and Your Hair Healthy - November 28, 2018