DIY Natural Hair Gel for hair growth and hair shine
Hair gels are the easiest ways to care for the hair, be it in our daily routine, or just a once a while application. Gels help the hair to maintain its shape and structure, regardless of the surrounding. It can also be therapeutic for the hair and can also help in hair growth and make it shine, apart from just being a styling measure. The following are ways to make hair gels at home, using natural ingredients. These gels can be used on both wet and dry hair.
- Distilled water – 1 Cup
- Gelatin Powder – 1 Tablespoon
- Peppermint Essential Oil – 6 Drops
- In a double boiler, pour in the distilled water and add the gelatin powder to it.
- Stir this mixture on low heat, till the gelatin is fully dissolved in the water. Once this is done, remove it from the heat.
- Once it is completely cool, add in the essential oils and blend it well.
- Store this mixture in the fridge for at least 3 hours, allowing the gelatin to set.
- Once a gel-like consistency is reached, it is ready to be used as your regular hair gel.
- Distilled Water – 3/4 Cup
- Flaxseed – 1 Tablespoon + 1.5 Teaspoon
- Lavender Essential Oil – 20 Drops
- Cheesecloth – 1
- Mesh Sieve – 1
- Pour the water in a pot and place it on the heat. Add the flax seed to it and bring it to a boil.
- Lower the heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Line the sieve with the cheesecloth. Remove the pot from the heat and pour the liquid through the cheesecloth.
- Squeeze out the remaining liquid from the cloth. Add the essential oil and mix well.
- Store this gel in an airtight container in the fridge. It can last upto 10-15 days.
3. Agar Agar & Aloe Vera
- Boiled Water – 1/2 Cup
- Agar agar Flakes – 1/2 Teaspoon
- Aloe Vera Gel – 1 Tablespoon
- Lavendar Essential Oil – 6 Drops
- Place the boiled water in a bowl and add the agar agar falkes to it. Stir it well, till it is fully incorporated.
- Place this mix in the fridge for about 3 hours. This allows it to set and have a gel-like consistency.
- Add the aloe vera gel to this set mixture and blend it well with a fork.
- For a good fragrance, add the essential oil and mix it well that it is evenly spread.
- Store this gel in a jar for use. This mix can last for upto 2 weeks.
4. Honey & Olive oil
- Flax Seed – 1/3 Cup
- Water – 2 Cups
- Honey – 1/2 Teaspoon
- Olive Oil – 1/2 Teaspoon
- (Any) Essential Oil – 10 Drops
- Pour the water in a pot and add the flax seeds to it. Place this pot on the stove and stir it occassionally.
- Keep stirring till the mix begins to boil. When the mix becomes thin and foamy, reduce the heat.
- When the flax seed begins to surface on the water level, turn off the heat and strain the mix. Be sure to clean the pot immediately.
- Add the honey and essential oils to the mix. A citrus or tea tree essential oil has more anti-bacterial properties.
- Then, add the olive oil and stir it well. Make sure all the ingredients are nicely incorporated. The consistency should be that of thick egg whites.
- Pour this mix into a container and refrigerate it. This allows the mix to last up to 2 weeks.
Latest posts by Arushi Phakey (see all)
- Top 5 DIY Nourishing Protein Hair Mask - May 31, 2019
- Remove Wrinkles on Face Permanently with this Natural Pack - May 21, 2019
- Use it for just a few Nights and Get Spot Free Glowing Skin - May 19, 2019