DIY Oily Skin Face Masks and Beauty Hacks
Summers are around the corner and nobody knows the plight of us who are ‘blessed’ with oily skin. Not only it just ruins our looks by making our face look dull and pale, but also somehow reduces our confidence. And how many times can you wash your face without getting tired? Not only that, but oily skin also comes with other problems such as blackheads, acne, and breakouts. Fret not, here are some face masks and beauty hacks that will help you battle that oily skin in a very easy way, not to mention in a very cheap manner!
Cucumber and Fuller’s Earth Face Mask
Remember as cool as a cucumber? Yes, that’s exactly what it does. It helps tighten your skin pores that reduce the amount of sebum that is released and also removes the dead skin cells. Fuller’s Earth absorbs the excess oil from your skin. Lemon Juice is added because of its exfoliating properties.
- Cucumber Juice: 1 tablespoon
- Fuller’s Earth: 2 tablespoons
- Lemon Juice: 2 tablespoons
- Mix the cucumber juice, fuller’s earth, and lemon juice together. Form a fine paste.
- Apply a generous layer of the paste on your face, especially on the t-zone.
- Keep it on for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash with cold water. Moisturize.
- Use this face pack once a week.
Banana and Honey Face Mask
Banana helps control the free radicals in your skin that in turn controls the excess oil production. It also contains several vitamins and potassium that tightens your skin and gives it an even glow. Honey gently absorbs the oil so that your skin is not damaged.
- Banana: 1, ripe
- Honey: 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice: 1 tablespoon
- Mash the banana and add honey and lemon juice to it, mix well.
- You can also use a mixer/blender to form a fine paste.
- Apply this paste on your skin and leave it on for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash with cold water.
- Repeat once a week.
Oatmeal and Tomato Face Mask
Both oatmeal and tomato can work wonders for your skin. Oatmeal gently exfoliates and cleanses your skin by removing dead skin cells, while tomato helps in retaining the natural glow.
- Oatmeal: 2 tablespoons
- Tomato: 1
- Blend the tomato and oatmeal in a blender. Make a paste that can be easily applied.
- Apply an even layer of the paste on your face and keep it on for at least 10 minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water.
- Use this pack once a week for best results.
Powder Makeup Beauty Hack
While glossy or liquid-based makeup may be your thing, it might not always be the best for your skin. It may make your skin look more greasy than it actually is and that’s nobody’s first choice. Instead, opt for makeup that is powder based which gives you a matte finish.
Micellar Water Hack
Micellar water contains micelle, that is tiny molecules and can absorb the excess oil from your skin. It can also help to remove the impurities that might be trapped in your open pores. You can use the micellar water while removing makeup, so that your skin is cleansed.